Webs?

'Oh God, I hope we aren't rushing into this to quickly...' Tony thought as Steve and him were about to announce their decision to the others. Steve stood next to him, smiling excitedly so Tony tried his best to act just as excited.

"So why are we all sitting here while you both stand there like idiots? Whats the big news." Natasha joked, acting as if she had better things to be doing, when in fact, she really didn't. "Well..." Steve turned to Tony and bit his lip, as he turned back to the others, he continued, "Tony and I... we've made the decision to... to adopt a child."

He waited a few moments and laughed when he saw all their reactions. Natasha's jaw dropped, Clint just stared with a straight face, Thor's arm dropped from Jane's shoulder while Jane's jaw also dropped. Bruce and Darcy both scrunched their eyebrows as if it was a joke. "You what?" Jane spoke after a few seconds.

"Yup. We've talked it all through and everything. We're gonna do it." Steve wrapped his arm around Tony's waist while they looked at everyone. Natasha was the next to speak, "Steve, are you sure you should do that? With everything that goes on? I mean c'mon, you're superheroes. We're superheroes. I don't know if that's the safest-"

"Hey, we've got it all figured out. This place is probably the safest place there is for a child. It will be fine." Tony interrupted her and this time a real smile overtook the fake one. "I call the name Uncle Hawk... that sounds super awesome." Clint whispered under his breath. Natasha turned to him, "That is the most suckish name ever."

"This is so exciting! We're so happy for you two! I bet you'll be great dads! And we'll all be here to help!" Jane said smiling brightly.

"Yeah we'll probably need help at some point." Tony joked truthfully.

"So, what is it. Boy or girl? Do you know who you're adopting?" Darcy asked as she leaned back against Bruce's chest again. "Yeah, it's a baby boy. His parents died and his name is Peter. He's adorable." Steve answered her question. He was about to add more when his phone started ringing. Tony turned to him, asking who it was as Steve looked at the ID. "It's the hospital?" Steve looked up at Tony, confused. "Well answer it!"

"Hello?" Steve answered.

"Captain? This is urgent. That child, Peter. He's here. There... well, something has happened. We don't quite know how to explain over the phone. Perhaps you'd ought to come down and take a look for yourself. Right now."

He heard the line hang up and he looked at Tony, who was still waiting for an explanation.

"We need to go." he turned to everyone else, "Something happened with Peter." Steve grabbed Tony's hand and started walking out with him.

"Wait guys, let me come, I'm a doctor." Bruce stood up, along with everyone else. "Steve, what happened?" Tony asked as Steve stopped and looked at Bruce. "I don't know but it's not something good, and sure, c'mon Bruce."

-

They drove to the hospital and the whole time they just hoped he wasn't dying or something terrible like that.

When they arrived, all three rushed in and instantly checked in. The lady didn't hesitate when she saw who they were and she directed them in the right place within minutes. "What do you think it is? Did they say anything?" Tony asked Steve as they paced down the right wing. Steve shook his head, "No, they said we would have to see it. Something like that."

They turned down another hallway when Steve ran into the doctor who had observed Peter after he had been saved from the fire. "Ah! Captain Rogers! I was just searching for you."

When Steve heard the doctor's voice not nearly as panicked, it helped him calm down a bit as well. "Doctor... what is it? Is he sick? What's wrong?" Steve's voice rushed, wanting instant answers. "Captain, I don't know how to explain. We received an emergency call from the orphanage a few hours ago. We didn't call you immediately because we didn't want to panic either of you."

"Well what is it?" Tony repeated Steve's question more stern.

"He... well... the child isn't normal. I'll keep it at that for starters."

"Can we see him?" Tony asked as Steve held onto his hand. "Oh of course, right this way. I'll explain when I show you his ability." the doctor replied and started walking to the room Peter was being looked upon.

-

Before they walked in, the doctor turned to them, "Just prepare yourself for what's next."

Bruce stepped up first and the doctor opened the door. All four of them walked in and when Steve and Tony entered, they looked at the walls at the white goo-looking clumps. They looked around in confusion while Bruce walked up to a clump sticking to the wall and observed it. He turned to the doctor, "Can I touch it?"

The doctor nodded and he started to feel the texture of it. It was sticky and felt like incredibly strong silk.

"What the hell is all that?" Tony turned to the doctor, utterly confused. Bruce answered, "It's webs. This is silk from spider webs." he turned and rubbed his two fingers together. "But explain. I don't understand? How did..." he trailed off, looking for an answer.

"I'll show you." the female doctor that had been watching over Peter spoke. She walked over to Peter who whined as he wanted to be held. She picked him up and brought him over to a chair, and sat down with him in her lap. She took his small arm and pointed over towards the wall, "Watch closely."

They saw her press gently against his wrist and right before their eyes, they saw the slick web shoot out from under his wrist.

"What! How the hell did you do that?" Steve asked, completely concerned. He watched as Peter had no idea what was going on and he just stared blankly at objects.

"Captain, do you remember the small spider bite we observed after he was brought here from the fire? We took a blood sample earlier and that wasn't a regular spider bite. That was a radioactive spider bite. Who knows how... but he survived... and it gave him this."

-----------

AUTHOR'S NOTE (voting)

okokokok (sorry for spelling errors.. it was a quick update & I have homework heh)

so for all of you that read these stupid author's notes...

ITS VOTING TIME

yeah okay so I gotta see ahead of time what more people ship for future purposes...

WHAT DO YOU SHIP MORE:

GWETER (GwenxPeter)

OR

SPIDEYPOOL (Wade/DeadpoolxPeter)

OKAY I NEED YOU TO COMMENT BELOW WHAT YOU SHIP MORE

okay that is all.

love, from me! Have a wonderful evening... or morning... or afternoon... whatever time of day it is for you!