Confidentiality

Peter seemed to become a better liar as the days went on. Everyday after school, before heading home, he would spend some time in one of the back alleys in the city where he had this run down shack, full of equipment he "borrowed" from his house back at Stark Tower. It wasn't too difficult for him to lie to JARVIS about taking some technology. Although JARVIS was the smartest AI device Peter had ever come to know, being the son of the creator had some advantages to it.

In the shack, which he kept padlocked, he had all the tools he needed to help get better control over the webs that shot from his wrists. No matter how many times he thought about his ability to shoot webs, he still couldn't believe it. Who knew what else he was able to do?

Over the past week, Peter had created two small devices that latched to his wrists. Once attached, with many failed attempts, he finally programmed them to make his web shooting accurate and spot-on to what he would aim towards.

"Finally." he mumbled to himself as he shot out toward a can of soda. Instead of a sticky webby mess, the device attached to his wrist shot out a single slick web line, hitting the can. He pulled his arm back and the soda can flew towards him as if it was attached to a yo-yo. Now he had his webs figured out, he had to find out the strength it could hold. However, he decided that he had been there for about a half hour and if he didn't head home soon, his parents would start to get a bit suspicious. Peter stood up out of the chair he was sitting in and the device attached to his wrist cut the web that still held the can that was in Peter's other hand. He shut down the small web slingers on each wrist and then took them off, setting them on the old desk that held all his other tools and devices.

It had been a successful week for Peter with the webs. Now all he had to do was wait another week to return to the pharmacy and see if any news about the pills returned.

--

"How was after school with Mary-Jane?" Steve brought up a new topic at the dinner table as the three of them ate as a family. Peter swallowed his food and smiled as if he were embarrassed, "It was good." he laughed lightly and then reached for his drink.

"You two haven't... you know... I mean, you would tell us if you did, right?" Steve was very awkward when it came to talking to Peter about sex and he still wasn't 100% sure how kids nowadays talked about it. Tony just scoffed, "Steve relax, Pete knows what he's doing." he winked at Peter, who had now gone red in the face. "Just don't go and get her pregnant if you are."

"Tony!" Steve shot Tony a disapproving look and Peter just shook his head, "You guys bring this topic up all the time! Relax! I'm not doing anything like that! I've told you that time and time again. Just chill out."

"Yeah, Steve, chill out." Tony raised his eyebrows at Steve, blaming the topic discussion on him. Steve just rolled his eyes and took a deep breath, "I know, and I'm sorry. It's just that we love you and want to make sure you're safe. Boys your age make a lot of dumb decisions."

"Well, I don't. I'm always honest with both of you and I wouldn't ever do anything that would get me in trouble."

--

*one week later*

This time, after school, instead of going to his shack, it was finally time to head back to the pharmacy downtown.

--

"I have good news and bad news." The woman Peter had spoken to the other two times, talked with him from behind the counter. He didn't like the sound of knowing that there was bad news, but should've known that he wouldn't get off completely free. He remembered that he still had the money, "Is there a charge? I have money right here," He started to slide off his backpack, but the woman shook her head and waved her hand, "No, no money, the problem is, I can't give you the results until you fill out this form, government policy."

Shit...

She slid forward a form on the counter and Peter read it over. He needed to fill out his name, age, his parents or legal guardian(s), his address, and phone.

He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, looking from the form to the lady, "Is there any way at all that I can get past this? I can't..." Peter didn't know what to say, but the woman shook her head in sympathy. "Look, I wish I could help you. If it makes you feel any better, this piece of paper is confidential and nobody will see it other than you and me and it will be charted into the filing cabinet over there but that's mostly it."

As much as Peter regretted filling out the form, he needed to know what the pills were made for. He had already come to the conclusion in his mind that Bruce probably made them to prevent his powers, but he needed more than just his own conclusion to be content with. "Okay." He shook his head and reached for the pen. As he filled out the form, the woman left the counter to go get the information that had returned on the pills.

He filled out the form with all honesty and was waiting for the woman's reaction once she saw the address. Who knew if she would even believe him.

She came back with the results in her hand in a manilla folder.

Peter set the pen down and slid the paper back towards her. She smiled at him and then lifted the paper up, reviewing it. Seconds later, like Peter had expected, she lowered the paper, raising her eyebrows, "Is this some kind of joke? There's no way that I'm going to believe that your parents are actually-"

"Shhh," Peter shushed her as there were other people in the pharmacy around them, "I can prove it, I promise." He reached into his pocket, pulling out his phone. He went to his photos and gave her the device.

He always had a passcode on his iPhone for this exact reason, so if anyone ever had his phone other than him or his dads, they wouldn't see the photos.

As the technician scrolled through his photos that showed him with his parents, her jaw dropped, "Oh my God... you're their son that nobody knows about. I remember a long time ago hearing about how they adopted a kid and sometimes you would be seen with them downtown, but then it all just stopped." Peter nodded, "I know, I've gone all these years staying unknown by the public, it helps keep me safe and unbothered, and I'd like to keep it that way, please." The woman nodded, accepting the confidentiality, "Of course, your secret is safe with me," she leaned in closer, "Mr. Rogers-Stark." she whispered with a smile.

Peter smiled in return and thought about how weird it was to be called Mr. Rogers-Stark. He'd never been called that before by anyone in public.

She handed Peter his phone back and took the form and put it in the manilla folder she had been holding and then took out a different piece of paper from the same folder. She looked it over and then handed him the paper. He accepted it and looked it over, scanning over the information on the pills.

"Did you..." Peter was about to ask her a question, but she replied before he finished, "No, under law, I'm not allowed to look over those results, no worries."

Peter was pleased that this woman was so understanding when it came to all the confidentiality. He knew that for her job that rule always applied, but for her to not ask him any questions about his parents, or anything about him in general, made him feel like he was normal. Like any other teenager. "So is this it? Is there anything else that I need to fill out?"

She just shook her head and kept her soft smile on her face, "Nope, you're good to go."

Peter nodded once, "Thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me."

"You're welcome, and good luck with, well, whatever you found out your pills are made for."