Sick

Peter had never left anywhere so quickly in his life. He had broken out in a cold sweat and after closing the door to Wade's apartment, he placed the spare key back and made for the stairs. He felt so helpless, alone, cold. He was betrayed.

He thought he was almost going to trip down the stairs at the pace he was going. After he got to the bottom of the stairs, he ran towards the main doors of the building. He felt his stomach turn and knew he was going to be sick. He leapt down the stairs and leaned over into the bushes, throwing up what was left of his lunch earlier that day. People who walked by gave him a disgusted glance.

Peter remained leaning over until his stomach had relieved itself. He placed his hands on his knees, breathing slowly.

After a few moments, he recovered and wiped at his mouth with his sleeve. His legs felt weak. Peter didn't feel like he had the strength to walk home or even take a public transit. He hated to admit it, but he wanted to be with his parents. It was only today Peter felt love for Wade and anger towards his parents. But now, he wanted to be in the presence of his parents because he knew they would always protect him. Wade... he wouldn't.

Peter started to walk away from Wade's apartment building and reached for his phone in his pocket. He dialed Steve's number.

"Hey, bud, what's up."

"Can you pick me up?" Peter crossed the street along with a bunch of other people.

"Why? Dad told me that you went to see Wade? Are you okay?"

Peter didn't really have a reason to give as to why he wanted to be picked up. "I'm fine. Wade was really sick and I think he might've given me something." He faked a cough. It was a good lie- almost the truth- Wade did make Peter sick.

"Nonsense, you can't be getting sick after that little of time coming into contact with an illness."

Peter sighed, "Pops, I really just don't wanna walk home. Please?"

Steve had been in the middle of a conference but would do anything for his son, "I'll be there, where are you?"

Peter gave his dad the name of the street he was on and then waited.

--

"I wasn't a big fan of Dad letting you go to Wade's. You know how I feel about that. I would've appreciated it if you had asked me as well." Steve lectured Peter on the way home.

Peter leaned up against the side of his door and glanced out the window at pedestrians or passing cars. He wasn't in the mood to listen to one of his dad's many lectures, as he was already in a rough state. He couldn't even manage to respond. He didn't know what to do.

After Steve finished talking, he glanced at Peter. He could tell something was wrong- other than Peter's usual look of annoyance when he gave lectures. "Look, I know that your dad and I, we've been harsh, but you'll thank us later, I promise."

Peter couldn't tell his parents about Deadpool, could he?

How perfect. When Peter was in trouble, no matter the situation, Wade was always there. Always. He thought Wade really cared about him. How ridiculous. Peter was sure now that Wade was probably only using him to gain further intel on Spider-Man after he found out. It made his stomach hurt even more just thinking about it all. He didn't know if he felt more angry, scared, broken, or shocked. Every bit of trust that Peter had given Wade... gone.

This was what a broken heart felt like.

--

Minutes turned to hours... Peter laid in bed, facing his room. He stared off into space, replaying the scene at Wade's. Just thinking about everything. All his interactions with Deadpool.

Wade almost killed Peter. They were enemies. All those times that Wade told Peter not to go after Deadpool... Wade was covering his own ass. All the times Peter complained about how much he wished Deadpool dead. It was him. He had never felt such pain.

What if Wade was secretly keeping tabs on him as Spider-Man. Who did he work for? How does he have the abilities and skills to do what he does.

He didn't know if he should tell his parents or not. Turning him in would sure make Peter feel better and safer. But. It was Wade. Wade Wilson. Peter... loved him. And he thought Wade loved him back.

Why didn't Wade tell him?

All the people that he's killed. Oh, God. Peter thought he was going to be sick again. He remembered all the blood in Wade's room. Blood from other people- innocent people. He was a murderer... and Peter knew about it. He had to tell someone... By not saying anything, he was technically an accomplice.

Peter was startled out of thought as Tony yelled from the kitchen, "Dinner!"

There was no way in hell Peter could eat anything. He felt so sick and weak. "I'm not hungry!" Peter managed to shout back. He felt so empty inside. Even yelling that simple sentence drained him.

Peter's chest felt heavy. He was tired and wanted to fall asleep, but his brain remained awake.

As time went on, the sky got darker. Peter's parents checked on him to ask if he was alright, to which Peter told them he was just extremely tired.

He also wanted to cry. He wanted to cry so badly- but no tears came.

One man, in the matter of one day, managed to completely and utterly destroy Peter's life.

-----

Author's Note

Sorry for the short chapters lately!

It's pretty intense right now- I honestly don't know how this story is going to swing around to being happy again lol!

Comment & Vote <3