Back to Normal

Life had arranged itself back to normal for the most part as Peter's school year was almost to an end and summer neared.

Luckily he had found out that the vice principal of his school happened to be one of Shield's most trusted agents and he ended up being exempt from all of the homework that had been handed out while he was away. The main problem was, was that Peter was worried that too many people would notice he was gone for the large amount of time he was gone for. He knew for a fact Wade would be asking questions, but it would be easy to explain to him because he knew about his parents. It was the other kids in class that cheated off of him or always asked him for help. They were the kids that would wonder where the hell he was for almost a month. He hoped maybe a majority of the other people just assumed he moved and already probably forgot for the most part.

Whatever happened, he had excuses. Although there had never been battles where they had to relocate Peter, he was sure he could come up with something to say to the kids who asked where he was. All he had to do was say something along the lines of how he went on a two week vacation with his parents and when they planned to come back the plane tickets were sold out so they ended up having to wait a few extra weeks or something like that.

They had been staying at Stark Tower while Tony was starting construction and fixing the things Ultron ruined while at the same time, putting in a new bedroom and kitchen, trying to make the floor more of a home style. Steve had been really overprotective in the time after Ultron and Peter tried not to get too annoyed by it, understanding that it's tough to be a parent and hero at the same time.

--

It was a Monday as Peter got back to his normal schedule. He got ready in the morning and his dad drove him to school like usual. "Ok and remember, I'm walking home today, okay?" Peter talked to Steve before getting out of the car. Steve sighed, "Peter, I don't like the idea of you walking home right after all of this happened..." Peter refrained from rolling his eyes, "Dad, it's fine. Nobody knows that I'm your kid. Not even villains. And besides, Ultron is gone anyway."

"Okay... fine. Just come right back to Stark Tower then." Steve agreed with him that he'd be safe but was still a little uneasy about it. Peter nodded giving Steve a hug across the seat and then he opened his door, getting out of the car. The great thing that Peter would always love about his dad's old car was that nobody would ever suspect that the man inside was a world famous superhero. He waved a final goodbye as he walked to the school doors like every other school day.

--

Peter knew it was going to happen from the moment he had gotten back in New York.

"Peter! Dude! Oh my God. Is that actually you!?" Wade ran up to Peter while he stood by his locker and he wrapped his arms around him, giving him a tight squeeze. Peter tried not to blush or look embarrassed, "Wade," Peter started in protest but knew it was no use. A few seconds passed and Wade let go, looking at Peter, "So, where the fuck were you?" Peter laughed at Wade and just closed his locked, starting to walk with him, "Well, you know. The whole Ultron thing. My parents just wanted me to be safe." Wade scoffed, "Wow, I wish my parents cared like that."

"Well anyway, they just relocated me to a cabin in the middle of nowhere. It was probably the most boring four weeks of my life to be honest." Peter finished as they walked into class together. "Well, I finished our science project while you were gone." Wade said, walking to his seat. Peter was shocked. Wade Wilson? Finishing an actual project on his own. Was he capable of doing such a thing? "Really?" Peter asked, raising his eyebrows. "Why the tone of surprise?" Wade smirked and Peter knew that they both knew it was something that would rarely ever happen again. "How did it turn out? I mean, does it actually look like a cell?" Peter couldn't believe Wade actually finished it. He had totally forgotten about it in the first place. "I don't know, why don't you check your grade for it and find out." Wade winked at him as the bell rang.