Spider-Man, No More

It smelled of elastic gloves and clean sheets. There was a slight breeze from what Peter assumed was coming from an open window.

The first thing he felt was his massive headache. His eyes were heavy, he could barely open them. He kept them shut as he tried to recall what had happened.

It suddenly hit him.

Oh no....

No... This was it...

He remembered everything now. With Deadpool... with his dad.

He should've left, why did he stay. He was so caught up- blinded by anger. Anger towards Deadpool, towards his parents.

He was afraid to open his eyes the slightest bit, afraid that if his parents were in the room, they'd say something.

He listened for any sign type of sound. Nothing. He heard a few birds chirping, but that was it, there was nobody else in the room.

He was about to open his eyes but just as he started, he shut them quickly, hearing the door open.

He expected to hear two people, his parents. However, he only heard one pair of footsteps. He heard them come closer and then they grabbed his wrist, taking his pulse. He realized it was only a doctor. He peeked his eyes slightly open and saw it was Dr. Banner standing above him. Banner was looking at a chart in his other hand while counting to himself.

After about a minute, he set Peter's wrist down and started to write things down on his chart. He turned to leave but Peter, somewhat regretting it right afterwards, called to him, "Dr. Banner..." His voice was groggy.

Banner turned around quickly, as if he had been waiting for him to wake up for ages.

"Peter. You're awake." He walked back over and sat in a chair that was close to his hospital bed.

"Where am I?"

"You're at the Avengers HQ. Your parents didn't want you anywhere near public hospitals."

Peter had so many questions but didn't even know where to begin. As if Bruce had read his mind, he started answering them.

"You've got yourself in quite the pickle here Pete. You're everywhere, all over the news. Not you, of course. But Spider-Man. Your parents stopped the news from discovering your identity- hence you being here."

Peter's heart dropped, this was beyond his worst nightmare.

"What about... my parents... where are they?"

"They're here."

Peter was terrified to see them. First Wade, then the pot, then this. This was giving him anxiety already. His heart rate was already picking up. He wanted to run.

"Are they..."

Banner knew what he was going to ask, "I'm not going to sugarcoat this, but they went through the roof. They've been rehearsing for the past 12 hours what to even say to you."

Peter remained silent and thought about how his life was over. His parents would have cameras everywhere.

"This is bad..." Peter's mind now wandered to Deadpool. They caught him. He helped to catch him, "Deadpool- who is he?"

Banner sighed with a small, sarcastic laugh and looked down, "That guy is good at what he does, I'll give him that."

"What do you mean?"

Banner explained to Peter, "He was in a cell in the back of a Shield security van with the best agents. But, the van never arrived and the tracking device later located the van parked near an abandoned building just outside Queens. However, the agents weren't dead, just severely injured... and as for Deadpool, he got away."