Peter's Room

"So tell me now, why did you bring him to the mansion today? The last I remember, you were screaming at Steve for wanting a kid in the first place? What happened?" Natasha asked as they went off the list of baby items they needed. Tony sighed, regretting the night when he yelled at Steve. "First of all, I didn't yell at Steve because I didn't want a kid, it was because he had already basically adopted one without even talking to me about it."

"That's not what it sounded like to me..." Natasha mumbled to herself. Tony sighed and rolled his eyes, "Well anyway, we talked about it and worked things out and I agreed to this whole adoption thing. Originally yeah, we planned on waiting for a while to bring out the news and get everything ready but then something else came up earlier which was why we took him."

"Which was?" Natasha turned down the food aisle. So far they had the crib, diapers, and all the other baby supplies to care for him with. They still needed to go shopping for clothes. "That was... something I've never seen before. Peter is not a normal baby I can tell you that." Natasha looked at Tony, confused. "He was bitten by some sort of spider on drugs or something and I have no idea how in God's name he lived from it but he did and now is some sort of spider-boy." Tony looked at the different types of baby foods. "Wait, so what can he do? Why did you take him?" Natasha walked over and helped Tony. "Well, he can shoot webs out from his wrists. That's all we know so far. The doctor wants us keeping a close eye on him. Bruce is gonna be doing checkups on him every two weeks to observe his health."

Natasha looked at Tony like he was crazy. "Webs from his wrists?" Tony nodded and reached for some baby food and milk. "What the hell." she said to herself. They left the aisle and Natasha grabbed a baby bottle and they already had gotten the high chair. "So that's all you know so far? What else do you think he'll be able to do in the future?" They headed for the checkout. Tony rubbed the back of his neck, "I have no idea. But we had to take him because at the orphanage they found out he wasn't normal when Pete shot webs at one of the ladys' hair. I'm just worried... not only because of this spider bite, but because Steve and I don't know all that much in raising a kid, not to mention that he's just a baby." Tony handed Natasha items to check out. "Well I think that you two are gonna have one hell of a time in the next few months." Tony scratched his forehead, "Okay I couldn't tell, was that a positive thing or negative?"

A smile crept from Natasha's face, "Well I've never raised a kid. I've just seen what they're like and it will probably be a combination of both." Tony sighed and looked around, "Great." he mumbled as they both set bags of items back into the cart. "You'll be fine. Besides, you have all of us too ya know."

After they finished paying for everything they bought, they headed out. They both decided that they had done enough shopping for one day and that they would leave the clothes shopping to Steve. They put everything away in the Shield car they had taken and then left back to the mansion. Tony was stressed with all of this Peter stuff. He really was looking forward for what was going to come in the next years but it at happened so fast he couldn't take it all in. All he really wanted right now was some whiskey and maybe some good sex with Steve, it had been almost a week and a half since their last.

When they arrived back at the mansion they walked in with everything and Tony ignored talking to everyone, going straight to the spare room next door to Steve's and his so he could start right away with the crib. He carried the big box with him to what would now be Peter's room. It was quite convenient that the room had already been painted a baby blue when it was made.

He entered the room and set the box down on the carpet. He sighed and looked around the medium-sized room, deciding where they would lay everything out. He started opening the box and pulled out the directions. He pulled out everything and he laid them neatly on the ground. He set the bag of screws on the right next to the directions. "Hey." Tony turned and saw Steve leaning against the doorway. "Oh hey, where's Pete?" Tony asked as he reached for the directions. Steve nodded his head to the right, "He's sleeping out there."