Who's Birthday?

(btw I proof read this really quick so sorry for spelling/grammar problems lol)

Steve woke up the next morning, realizing that he had almost forgotten what important day it was. Not only were they going to pick up Peter, but it happened to be Tony's birthday. So much had gone on in the past month that he barely had time to even remember. He sat up and looked at Tony who was still sound asleep. Steve knew that he could slip out of the bedroom easily without him waking up but didn't know what to surprise him with. "Shoot..." Steve mumbled to himself as he stood up and looked around as if he would suddenly think of something to do. All he knew was that as soon as Tony got up and ready, he would want to leave to get Peter. Steve thought about it some more and realized, who was there to say that Tony would even remember it was his own birthday. If Steve himself almost forgot, there was no doubt in his mind that Tony could've forgotten as well- if anything, it was more likely.

He thought that maybe he could take Tony somewhere before they left and have a nice birthday breakfast. But then again, Tony wasn't ever one for birthday breakfasts. He did like parties though. That was definitely something that Steve could manage to throw. The problem was, there was no definite place to have the party because Stark Tower was still in repair, the facility was not a place for parties in the first place, and Steve couldn't really think of anywhere else that would even be close to appropriate. It just would've been easier if they had repaired their house after it was destroyed by The Mandarin before Peter had even been born. Steve made up his mind as he just decided to make dinner reservations to one of Tony's favorite restaurants- he was always fond of those types of surprises. He looked back at Tony, who still slept soundly with evenly paced breaths. There was really never an accurate guess to when Tony would ever wake up considering his sleeping patterns in the past always varied as well. Sometimes he woke up and 6 a.m., other days it was nearly 11 a.m. until he got out of bed.

Steve grabbed his phone on the bedside table and quietly walked towards the door of the spare room and exited while tilting the door open slightly so he could fit through. He made his way to the main area of Tony's floor where things were still damaged quite badly but at least the glass shards and other harmful things had been removed. He walked over to the couch next to the coffee table and went on his phone, trying to get the number of the restaurant. It was always so crowded when they ever went there to eat so it was usually a good thing to call ahead to make reservations anyway, even though they probably wouldn't have to, considering their status. As Steve dialed the number he retrieved from the website, he thought about Peter, another problem. Not Peter himself as the actual problem, but his fear for whatever reason of being seen in public with them. Steve sighed to himself and decided that it was truly time for Peter to just grow up and that a family dinner out would actually be something nice to try. They only did it once in awhile when Peter was younger before he really cared about the public.

Steve talked to the other end of the line as someone answered his call from the restaurant. "Yes... yes, a reservation... table of three, yes... for," Steve thought about it, he didn't really want to make a reservation with everyone in the restaurant knowing that two famous Avengers were going to show up there, "Rogers, yes, thank you." Steve finished making the reservation with just using his last name as common as it was and hung up as soon as the waiter confirmed it was all said and done."Who was that?" Tony walked out while scratching the back of his head, still looking a bit tired. Steve smiled, assuming that Tony had forgotten that it indeed was his birthday, "Nobody important, but, guess what day it is?" Tony looked confused, leaving Steve standing correctly over his assumption. Tony had forgotten that it was in fact his own birthday. "No? I mean, are you talking about Peter? Speaking of which, when are we leaving because I'm ready when you are." Steve laughed and walked over to his husband, "Honey, it's your birthday." he gave him a kiss on the lips and then laughed a little some more as he saw Tony's expression. "Wait... it's already May 29th?" Steve nodded in reply and Tony just stood there, feeling somewhat idiotic that he had forgotten his own birthday. "Oh... well then going to see our son who's been gone from us for almost a month is an amazing birthday present. Truthfully that's one of the greatest gifts to receive." Steve smiled as Tony spoke of seeing Peter. They both missed him an indescribable amount and it had only been a month.