Still Sick

"Peter, it's been two days now, are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital?" Steve knocked on Peter's door. "You're gonna be behind on all your schoolwork and you've hardly been eating."

As much as Peter knew his parents cared, he didn't. He didn't care if he failed classes. That was the least of his worries. Wade was Deadpool. Just that repeating thought kept Peter bedridden.

"I'm fine. It's nothing." Peter muffled through his bedsheets.

"It doesn't seem like nothing," Steve replied on the other side of the wall.

Peter just groaned, ignoring him.

Steve left to go ask Tony about what they should do about Peter's unknown and sudden sickness. Tony had been in the labs downstairs since early morning, trying to decode alien technology that Shield recovered from space.

He walked past the kitchen, then the living room. The house that Tony built them was so large, he almost missed sharing a home with the other Avengers. They were the only ones, all the others lived at the Avengers Base upstate. Although, Steve and Tony spent almost every day there anyway.

--

"Hey babe, what's up?" Tony set down a tool he was using. Bruce had arrived a while ago and was also helping to understand the equipment from space.

"Peter's still sick."

Bruce looked up from what he was doing on the other side.

Tony leaned against a lab table and crossed his arms, biting his lower lip, "I don't know what could be wrong. What could he have caught at Wade's house that hit him so quickly?"

He then looked at Bruce, to which Steve followed his gaze.

Bruce noticed they were both looking at him for a possible answer. He immediately shrugged, "Well I don't know... what sort of symptoms does he have?"

"He rarely gets out of bed, he says he feels weak. And he isn't hungry at all- and has stomach pain. We were thinking it was the flu or something but when I took his temperature he didn't have a fever." As Steve explained the symptoms aloud, he realized that maybe Peter wasn't sick. Maybe something happened at Wade's. "Oh God..." Tony and Bruce looked at Steve as he spoke, "What if he did something at Wade's?"

Tony shook his head, "No, he was barely over there for 15 minutes. I had a tracker in his bag."

Steve looked at him with a confused smile, "You didn't tell me that?"

"I wasn't just gonna let my guard down when he asked me, you know."

Bruce interrupted, "15 minutes? It's highly unlikely that he could've done anything in that time, let alone catch an illness." He was now more interested, wondering what the deal was.

"What about..." Steve sighed, "What if he had mouth to mouth contact with Wade, who was sick."

Bruce took off his glasses, "I suppose that's a likely possibility. But if he doesn't have a fever, then I'm not sure what Wade's sickness was. Perhaps infectious mononucleosis- aka mono. Does Peter have a sore throat?"

Tony shrugged, "I don't think so?" He looked at Steve and Steve shook his head, "No, he didn't mention it."

"Hmm... I'm not sure, he'd need a medical diagnosis."

Steve cleared his throat, "That's just it. He doesn't want one. I think something's wrong, but I just don't know if he's actually sick.

"I'd be happy to do a check-up on him if you guys want." Bruce put his glasses back on and went back to work at decoding the extraterrestrial system.

Tony lifted up another tool, "Yeah, we'll be up in a bit to take a break, we're so close to getting some more intel. Do you wanna see?"

As much as Steve was interested, everything that Tony showed him would most likely go over his head, "No, no," he smiled, "I'm gonna go back upstairs. Have fun with... that." Steve gestured his hand over at the piece of alien equipment before leaving.

--

Peter heard his phone buzz from underneath his pillow. He assumed it was Harry or Mary-Jane texting him back with information on school work. He had asked them to send the important things he was missing from catching the "flu" a couple days ago.

He slowly reached underneath his pillow to view the message.

Ha.

He viewed his phone and felt sick again. Not only did he feel sick, his heart dropped and he was struck with fear. Heartbreaking- to feel fear when receiving a message from the one person you loved more than you originally thought.

Mark from science:

Hey Petey, you weren't at school today, didn't get to have our lil bathroom chats :'( txt me back soon I already miss you babe...

Peter, thinking carelessly, swiped to reply before his brain could talk him out of it.

Where were you last week??

He knew that Wade would most likely reply quickly.... that is... if he wasn't off brutally murdering someone.

Sure enough, Peter's phone buzzed a few moments after.

Mark from science:

I was sick- it was so shitty but im good now <3, where u at tho?

Peter wanted to cry again, Wade would never stop lying.

It... it reminded Peter of himself... but he never killed anyone, therefore, making this a completely different situation.

He wanted to tell Wade that he knew everything... but he couldn't. He couldn't get himself to type the words. He didn't know what to reply at all. He didn't.

-----

Author's Note

sorry for the short chapters! 

 A lot of stuff is happening in this book and I'm just trying to make things happy for Peter again lol! Sorry for errors!!!

comment & Vote xxx