Back To "Normal" Living

Author's Note

- Hi everyone xx, just want to make a few things clear before this update!

1. The events from Spider-Man Homecoming never occurred within this story line!

2. Due to the Spider-Man Homecoming movie, I just want to make it clear that you aren't shipping Tom Holland's Spider-Man with Deadpool in this story! I know that it's not that big of a deal in this story because Wade is also underage and it's not an age difference problem but just that shipping Tom's Peter with Wade doesn't really fit for this story!

3. Another reason why you shouldn't be shipping Holland's Spidey with Deadpool is that this story started out with Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man and it will finish that way :) !!

- enjoy the chapter xoxo

-----

5 months later

-----

Things were a complete disaster at first. Screaming, shouting, arguing for ages. Peter hadn't known what to do. School had started back up. He saw Wade frequently but they hadn't been with each other outside of school since Peter's parents discovered everything. They would sometimes meet up during class periods together but that was the only time they shared.

Steve and Tony were both furious at first, no doubt. After a couple months, they finally started to accept things the way they were. They realized they couldn't keep Peter as their boy forever. They still took the suit from Peter and hadn't given it back yet, however, after three months passed, they decided that it was just illogical to keep giving Peter the repressive medicine after everything that happened.

At Avengers HQ, Maria Hill still tried to pry at Tony behind Steve's back on talking to Peter about future possibilities with them. Steve had made it clear that if anyone tried to convince him one more time on Peter joining with the Avengers, he would snap. Tony, however, saw what his son could do that night when capturing Deadpool. The skills that he had adapted- they were incredible. Tony also agreed with Steve that he didn't want his son involved in any way, but at the same time, knew he would be an amazing asset. Besides, Tony was an amazing scientist and knew that he could create a suit with the ultimate protection for his son.

But Tony knew better and didn't feel like damaging his family more by talking with Hill behind Steve's back, so kept saying shutting her down every time the topic came up. Though, Hill knew that Tony wasn't completely against the idea, so kept prying.

Peter was used to his parents being stricter than usual by this time and although he still hated it, he knew that he only had to wait one more year and he'd be free to make his own decisions. It also made him feel better that his parents no longer suppressed his powers and accepted them naturally. He was slowly starting to talk with his parents again as well. He still felt the awkward tension around them, but as time went on, it slowly faded.

--

"Babe, are we picking up Peter after school or does he have math league?" Tony picked up his water bottle and swung a towel around his neck. They had just finished a training exercise.

Steve finished talking with Sam and walked over to his husband, "I think he has math league, you want me to call him?"

"Nah, I'm sure he'll let us know if he does."

Steve looked at Tony with caution, "You think?"

"Honey, if we want things to get back to normal, trust has gotta form somewhere. I think Peter knows by this point that lying to us is out of the question."

Steve sighed with uncertainty but refrained from pulling out his phone to call their son.

"I'm supposed to meet Bruce in the labs soon to work on new tech," Tony walked up to Steve, giving him a small and quick kiss, "I'll see you later."

Steve smiled as Tony said goodbye and headed towards the door.

--

"Wade I can't! Why would you even think of that as an idea?" Peter talked with Wade in the boy's bathroom during their 6th hour class.

Wade was leaning against the far wall with his arms crossed. He rolled his eyes, "It was just a thought. I'm sick of only seeing you during school. I'm bored."

"There's no way I'm skipping math league practice, my parents would find out and track me down... you know that. With everything that-"

"I know, I know. Forget I mentioned it."

Peter felt bad, yet, also agreed that not being with his boyfriend outside of school was sickening.

"I hate this, you know. This wouldn't have happened if you had just kept your promise and not gone after Deadp-"

Peter interrupted almost immediately after he realized where Wade was going. They've already had this argument once. "You think I don't know that?" Peter held himself from raising his voice, "I know, and I'm sorry, okay? Is that what you want to hear? I wasn't thinking straight. I was angry." Peter thought back on that night and felt so much hatred and pain, "It's not like you have to worry about it anymore."

Wade knew he made Peter feel bad. Peter still had no idea about Deadpool and knew that he had to tell him soon. It was hard for Wade to do anything knowing that this secret existed between them. He was terrified. If Peter knew... everything would be ruined. And Peter was already going through so much- it was almost a better idea to wait and tell him later.

Wade leaned up from the wall and walked over to Peter. "I'm so sorry this happened."

Peter looked away and felt like he could cry, realizing that this is how he felt frequently lately, "It's fine," he regained himself, "it's not like there's anything you could've done."

Wade felt the bitter taste of betrayal and lies, Peter was wrong. Peter was so, so, wrong...

Everything that had gotten Peter greatly injured or in trouble so far was caused by Wade. He only was causing Peter more and more pain, but couldn't stay away.

He heard the boxes in his head talking, speaking down to him. How he was ruining Peter. He was like an incurable disease.

"I've gotta get back to class." Wade was starting to get upset with himself.

Peter laughed, "That's a first, Wade Wilson, wanting to get back to class?" He looked at Wade and wished that they could spend more time together than just in the school bathrooms or hallways.

Wade faked a genuine smile and walked up to Peter. Oh God, he couldn't even bear to kiss him right now. The guilt was too heavy.

Peter leaned in for a kiss and Wade dodged his head slightly to the right, causing Peter to kiss him on the side of the mouth instead of his lips.

Peter was confused by the gesture and right as he was about to hug his boyfriend, they heard the door swing open. Wade pushed himself back and started towards the door. Peter watched him leave from the corner of his eye and then pretended to wash his hands, pressing soap onto his palms.

He hoped to see Wade later.