Persuasion

Peter stood in the kitchen while his parents worked in the basement on some sort of project. He was starving and decided that heating up something like some pizza rolls would hit the spot. While grabbing the bag out from the freezer, his phone started to buzz. It was Wade. However, the name in his phone wasn't Wade, but, "Mark from science" instead. That way, if his parents ever happened to see his phone while receiving a message from him, they wouldn't know it was really Wade he was talking with.

After the Spider-Man issue, the whole discovery of coming out to his parents and being with Wade was somewhat pushed back on the trouble scale as less important. Regardless, his parents still didn't want them talking, believing that Wade was the one causing Peter's problems. It's not like they would ground him for talking with Wade, but they definitely didn't trust them together. At all.

He saw that "Mark from science" was calling and answered the phone while tossing the frozen pizza roll bag on the counter.

"Hey." Peter held the phone in between his shoulder and ear while reaching for a plate to set the food on from the cupboard above.

"Hey," Wade started, "Whatcha' up to?"

Peter grabbed a plate and set it down, opening the bag of his pizza rolls. He started to pour them out slowly onto the plate, arranging them with even space between each piece. "About to make something to eat? Why?"

Peter knew what Wade wanted, and knew what he was most likely going to say.

Wade sighed on the other end of the line dramatically, "I'm lonely. I'm home alone and want some company."

Peter rolled his eyes, walking to the microwave and setting his plate inside. "You know there's nothing I can do about that."

"I know... but what if you just asked? Or what if you just said you were going out for a little bit?"

"Wade, c'mon, I still feel like I'm on house arrest. I doubt they would let me just go for a walk in the park."

"What if I told you I had to tell you somethin' that's really important..." Wade spoke without thinking first. He had been contemplating on coming clean to Peter about Deadpool, but wasn't ready to lose their relationship just yet. He was being selfish, but then again, he didn't think any better of himself.

He had never cared about anyone as much as he cared about Peter. He wasn't ready to let that go. But, the guilt was slowly eating him away to nothing. It was to the point where he had to fake being happy around Peter to keep things normal.

The microwave started beeping and Peter opened it, taking the plate out. He walked over to the island counter in the kitchen and set the plate down. He sat on a bar stool and took the phone from in between his shoulder and ear to his hand. "What do you mean?" He moved the phone over to his other ear and switched hands.

Wade got scared and backed out as soon as he realized what he had said, "Nothing, I'm just trying to make up stuff for you to come see me."

Peter laughed and touched his pizza rolls, seeing if they were still cooling down. "I really want to, believe me, I just don't know how to ask my parents. I can't just go and ask them if I can come see you."

He heard Wade breathe a laugh, but could tell he was upset.

"I know."

Peter took a bite of one of his rolls. Too hot.

"Shit, I have another incoming call, can I call you back later?"

"Sure," Peter smiled, "talk to you later." He heard Wade make a kissy sound and then the call ended.

--

4 days later

Wade wasn't at school. He hadn't been at school the past week. That part didn't really worry Peter, as Wade likes to skip every now then. However, he wasn't answering Peter's calls or texts either. Wade rarely did that.

This had Peter completely nervous and anxious. He couldn't help but wonder where he was or when he'd be back.

It was halfway through the school day and Peter decided to call his dad in between class periods. He thought it best to call Tony instead of Steve, knowing that Tony was the less strict parent overall.

"Hey dad."

"Peter? What are you doing, shouldn't you be in class?" Tony picked up right away.

"It's in between periods right now."

"Okay, well what's up?"

Peter contemplated lying, but decided to tell the complete truth, "Wade hasn't been at school at all this week. I was wondering if I could just go to his house after school and check-"

"No."

Peter stopped from getting angry, "Dad, c'mon, I just wanna see if he's okay. I'd be home within a half hour after."

"Peter," Tony reasoned, "How do I know you're not going over there to smoke something. Wade only gets you into trouble and I don't want you seeing him, we've already talked about this."

The bell was about to ring and Peter continued to try, "Dad, please. I promise I won't. I just want to see if he's okay. What if Pops was in trouble, what would you do."

"Pete, that's exactly the point, why would Wade be in trouble? He gets himself into his own messes."

Peter took a deep breath and looked around, "Dad. I just want to see."

Tony thought about it and knew he should say no. He really should've. But he also knew that if it was him and Steve in that situation, he would've done anything.

"A half hour. And God help me, Peter, if you're lying to me, I will find out- don't think I won't."

Peter was somewhat shocked but he also half-expected Tony to give in.

"Dad, I promise, I'm just gonna see if he's okay."

"You'd better be."

The bell rang, "I've gotta get to class, I'll see you later."

"Bye, I love you, be safe."

"Love you." Peter lowered his voice so people wouldn't overhear and then hung up, tucking his phone away.