Lie After Lie

Straight away after school, Peter had to get to the pharmacy, knowing that he still needed to get back to the pharmacist technician about the pills. He also knew that he probably wasn't going to get any answers for free by any means and 'borrowed' money from his dad's wallet this morning before he left the tower. Neither of his parents would probably even notice anyway considering how much money they had.

Wade had asked if they could hang out after school and Peter felt bad to disappoint him and turn him down but promised tomorrow that they would as he hurried out of the school doors after the final bell rang.

He felt as if ever since he found out about what his parents were hiding from him, his abilities, he had somewhat grown to become more sneaky around them. He didn't talk to them as much at dinner anymore and he was lying to them about his plans after school. He knew that Tony didn't actually believe his plans of staying after school to study, but at least he didn't suspect the truth about what he was really doing.

--

As he walked inside the building, the thought occurred to him that there may be a different person working there than the woman he talked with last time. He hoped there wasn't because the woman he met the last time was the only one that knew about their discussion on the pills in the first place.

Peter walked over to an open counter, noticing it wasn't as busy as the last time and waited for someone's assistance, which only took a few seconds. He breathed a sigh of relief and smiled as he saw it was the same woman. She smiled in return, "I was wondering if you were ever going to come back." Peter nodded, "Yeah, sorry about that. It's been pretty busy this past month for me. But, I did talk to my parents about the pills like you asked me to before coming back." She raised her eyebrows, waiting for a response to what his parents said, "And...?" she asked.

Peter reached into his pocket and pulled out his pill canister that he snuck from the bedroom, along with the money this morning. He shook his head and sighed, "They denied everything. They cut me short on the topic before I could even suggest if the pills were for something other than having vitamin D deficiency." he replied honestly. The woman held open her hand and Peter gave her the pills. "Alright," she leaned in closer, "here's the deal. I'm not technically permitted to allow myself to do this without adult consent or permission, but seeing as these are clearly not vitamin D deficiency pills from what I could tell last time, I will send them into the lab, only to see what they are meant for. They don't even look like the common pill in general when it comes to vitamin deficiencies." She looked at the pills once more through the canister and then observed the canister itself. There was no brand name on it, just the label on what it was meant for and other things that Peter didn't really care about.

She looked at it closer and then looked back at Peter, "Wait a second, there's not even a doctor name on here. What the- that doesn't even make sense. Doctor's are required to do that." Peter followed at where her fingers were pointing on the canister and sure enough, there was no name, nothing. Peter thought about it for a few moments and then it hit him, Bruce. It all made sense now and he was so glad that he kept quiet about telling Bruce his suspicion over the pills in the first place. "If you don't mind me asking, do you know the name of the doctor who prescribes these to you?"

Shit. Peter never even thought about it up until this point in his life. Every few months he would get a new prescription but his parents were the ones that took care of it. Peter assumed that they just went to the pharmacy to pick up a new order. He never actually knew what doctor, if any doctor, prescribed them. Now that he knew Bruce was most likely the one to make them and give them to him, he couldn't exactly tell the lady that it was Bruce Banner himself. He just shook his head, acting like he had no clue, "I don't know. My parents just usually take them to get refilled and that's that. I never really bothered to ask."