A Meeting Interrupted

"Dammit Tony this is the third one you've skipped. You're going to this one. Even Bruce leaves his lab to come." Steve protested with his arms crossed near the door of Tony's lab. Tony set his wrench that he was using onto his desk and looked up. "Fine! But they're so boring I'm probably going to fall asleep." He sighed with an annoyed voice.

-

It had been shortly after a year since the wonderful wedding of Tony Stark and Captain Steve Rogers had taken place. Many things have happened in the last year of their marriage. For instance, near the S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters, there was a new large mansion built, specifically for all of the Avengers. They all lived within the mansion along with different training rooms and labs fit for each person. They also held meetings there twice a month for Shield. They talked about what was going on around the world.

As they all lived in the mansion, they've gotten to know each other better, and they've even saved the world a few more times.

Not only did the Avengers live in the mansion, but Jane Foster, and Darcy Lewis also moved in because for one, Jane and Thor were official and Darcy and Bruce had a thing, but also because they were found extremely helpful when it comes to astrophysiology. Dr. Erik Selvig didn't move in because he had taken a job in Shield.

-

"Well at least put on a shirt. You can't just walk in with that on." Steve pointed at Tony's white tank top. "Oh my God Steve. It's just a Shield meeting." Tony rolled his eyes and started heading back to their room. Steve followed behind him.

As they both entered their room, Tony carelessly pulled out a random red shirt and started to put it on. "What no! Not with that? That looks weird." Steve walked over and took the shirt from him before it was completely on. "Well mom. What do you suggest?" Tony rolled his eyes again. "Stop. You can't wear a red shirt with blue sweats" Steve replied pulling out Tony's white Ozzy Osbourne t-shirt. "There." He said throwing it at him. Tony slid on the shirt, "It's not like anyone is really going to care Steve. I don't even like going."

"Yeah well maybe if you would go, you would know Coulson is out with his team in South America somewhere this week so Maria Hill is coming instead. We at least have to look half nice." Steve said as they both left and headed for the meeting room.

When they entered the room, everybody else was there and Maria Hill was standing at the front with her arms folded. "Well look who actually came this time." Sam Wilson laughed as Tony and Steve both sat down. "Well, now that we're all here, let's get started." Agent Hill started, "As of last month, the cleanup from the-" She was interrupted by the AI system, Jarvis,

"Agent Maria Hill, I am sincerely sorry for the interruption," The Avengers looked at one another, "But there is a small attack at the Oscorp Tower. It appears to be a few of the Chitauri aliens. They've started the building on fire" Jarvis finished speaking and Maria looked at the Avengers and then had Jarvis pull up a downtown camera near Oscorp Tower. She turned towards the Avengers. "Okay I think, at the most, only two of you need to go. It's just a small attack." She said crossing her arms.

Tony, who would do anything to leave the boring meeting, immediately volunteered, "Yes! Me! I'm on it." He stood up from his chair and then set his hand on Steve's shoulder, "And he'll come too."

Steve looked up at Tony. Before he could comment on anything, Maria spoke, "Okay well hurry up then. And don't get distracted." Steve stood up and started walking out of the meeting room, followed by Tony who turned to agent Hill before leaving, "What?" Tony sarcastically put a hand up to his chest and gasped, "We would never get distracted. Actually, I'm hurt that you think-"