And Back to the Mansion

"What? I don't understand? What spider bite?" Tony asked as Steve scratched the back of his head. The doctor turned towards Tony, "Well when the child was first brought here after the fire, we noticed he had somehow managed to get a spider bite but we thought nothing of it. From the way the bite looked, it hadn't looked poisonous so we just let it heal on its own."

Peter started wining as the other doctor stood up with him. "So what? He's some sort of spider human?" Tony crossed his arms. The doctor sighed, "Well if you'd like to put it that way, then yes." Tony and Steve both looked at each other and then Steve looked back at the doctor, "Well what can we do? Anything?" he asked, staring at Peter. "We've looked at every possibility but we just don't know."

"Well I could try." Bruce spoke up as he stood near the other side of the room. Both Tony and Steve had almost forgotten they had brought him along. "Of course." the doctor nodded. Peter's wining increased and he started reaching out his small arms towards Steve. The doctor who was holding Peter offered him to Steve. He gladly accepted and took Peter from her arms. The wining shortly stopped while he rested his small head on Steve's shoulder. Tony hid a small smile as he saw how adorable they both looked while Bruce talked with the doctors. "The orphanage won't take him back so unless you find another, or if you..." Tony listened in on Bruce and the doctor's conversation. Steve was to occupied playing with Peter, making him giggle.

Bruce looked at Tony, "It's not my place for that question." he stated as Tony thought. He loved how happy Peter made Steve, which then would make him happy. "Steve?" Tony asked and Steve looked up from playing with Peter, "Hmm?" He saw that everyone was looking at him, waiting for an answer. "What?" he asked. "Did you hear the doctor? The orphanage won't take him." Tony answered as Peter stared at him. Steve was confused at first but then understood what Tony was proposing. He didn't need to think twice about it, "We'll need to finish the room and we'll have to buy all of the baby stuff and everything." Steve looked back at Peter, who was still zoning out on Tony. They both smiled and looked at the doctor and Bruce.

"Well I have the forms here if you'd like to sign them now and we can get that out of the way." the doctor suggested. Tony nodded as Peter went back to playing with Steve.

--

Around an hour later, the forms had been signed and Bruce had the blood samples taken from Peter to test back at the mansion. They had put Peter in the car seat he was brought in and he was now sound asleep.

All three thanked the doctor and soon after that, left back to the mansion. The doctor had given them all the information they needed for a child and he made sure that Bruce would give Peter checkups at least one every two weeks for any changes in Peter that weren't normal.

When they arrived at the mansion, they decided who would be leaving to the store soon after to get everything they'd need for the night, and then the next morning they would start right away on the room.

Steve grabbed Peter's car seat and headed in with Tony and Bruce. When they got inside, they made their way down the hall and heard the others talking at their return. Darcy was the first to walk out and stopped when she saw the baby. "Oh my God is that him?" she whispered as she walked over to Bruce. Tony nodded with a smile and the others walked out moments after. They all adored the sleeping baby from the moment they all saw him. "He is a pretty cute for a baby." Clint said as he stood next to Tony. "I have to go to the store to get stuff if anyone wants to come." Tony said as Steve lowered the car seat to the ground. "Why'd you bring him here now anyway? You only just told us about him? Have you even started the room yet?" Natasha stood up from kneeling down near Peter and turned and looked at Tony. "It's a really really long story."

"I'll go with Tony, he'll need help finding baby stuff." Natasha said. "And I'll stay here and look after Peter with Darcy and the guys!" Jane added looking at Steve.

"Alright that sounds like a plan, let's go." Tony turned to Steve, "We'll be back." He walked over to Steve and kissed him on the cheek before starting to follow Natasha out the door.

------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

omgomgomg

I'm super super sorry for this short chapter... 

But I all know that you wanted the update and I'm frantically trying to keep up with school as I'm a freshman and am NOT used to this much homework hehe...

so anyway, I'm also trying to update stories on my other Supernatural account and the ones on this account too so just hang in there fellas! :)

(sorry again! I don't like shorter chapters like this)

<3