Christmas Special (pt. 1)

pre-author's note!

hiii, okay so first off, merry Christmas eve !! (aka, my bday as well!!)

secondly, this is only the first part of the Christmas special!! there will be the other half sometime next week or so!

thirdly, I hope all of u have a WONDERFUL Christmas!!!

fourthly, I didn't proof read this that well soo... there are probs gonna be some errors, MY BAD!!

hope u guys like it...

-----

Finally, it was Christmas break, Peter thought the day would never come. The last week of school had been dragging by so slowly that he was almost tempted to just skip it all together. But now, it was finally here. He was homework free- two full weeks to relax and spend Christmas with his family in their new mansion.

He let his dad pick him up from school, Steve, so they could head right home and start with the relaxing. They had bought and decorated the tree soon after they moved into the mansion and the house now smelled of beautifully scented pine along with a slight hint of gingerbread from a candle that Steve always insisted on keeping lit. Tony and Peter loved Christmas time, but not nearly as much as Steve did. He decorated as much as possible and always wanted Christmas music playing off his Bluetooth speaker. Tony always thought it was adorable how festive his husband got and admired seeing his rosy cheeks so happy.

Tony used to hate Christmas until he and Steve got together. He remembered, especially when he was young, that he never got into the Christmas spirit because his parents were always too busy to celebrate it. His father worked and his mother always kept herself busy with other things. He would always usually just spend Christmas alone in his room or sometimes he would sit out in the living room, watching whatever was playing, usually, A Christmas Story. Even when he was with Pepper, after spending so many years as a kid, not celebrating Christmas with much enthusiasm, he managed to keep himself busy at Stark Tower, finding something to keep him preoccupied. Though when he met Steve, he changed. Steve wouldn't let Tony be alone during the holiday season and brought seasonal joy into Tony's soul. And it's been like that ever since.

"Only a few more days until Christmas!!" Peter exclaimed excitedly as his father drove through traffic. Peter saw his dad smile, causing happiness to fill him even more. What could possibly drag anyone down during this time of year, there was so much to be grateful and happy for, he thought back to earlier when he and Wade were talking during their study-hall,

--

*four hours earlier*

"So you don't like Christmas? Like, at all?" Peter twirled his pencil between his fingers as he talked with his best friend. Friend. That's all they were.

"It just... isn't really my thing." Wade replied, shrugging.

"What's that supposed to mean? Do you just not celebrate it? Do your parents-"

"Foster," Wade interrupted.

"Right," Peter apologized, "do your foster-parents just not believe in Christmas or something?" Wade sighed and tilted his neck side to side, cracking it, "My foster-parents are shit. Let's just keep it at that." He looked at Peter, who didn't exactly know how to respond, "But, I saw your m- foster-mom pick you up from school that one day, she seemed generally nice."

Wade scoffed, "Yeah, okay."

Peter was going to ask something like, "What does that even mean?", but didn't want to annoy Wade with it anymore. Instead, he just nodded, "Oh,"

--

"I made Christmas cookies today." Steve brought Peter out of his flashback, "Really? Did you ice them already?" Peter was hoping he would say no, wanting to help ice them with him, but once he saw the innocent, but guilty, smile form on his father's face, he knew he was out of luck, "Sorry," Steve began, "I couldn't help it... the icing was just staring me down, telling me that the cookies needed to be iced then and there."

"Mmmmhmm..." Peter just smiled.

He thought of study-hall again,

--

"So you don't decorate or make cookies or anything like that?" Peter was so curious as to why Wade didn't like this time of year.

Wade looked at Peter and then back at the blank worksheet in front of him that made it look like he was working on something, "Nah," a small smile formed on his face, as if he was expressing that all of those Christmasy things were overrated and childish. Peter just watched Wade, observed his facial expressions, searching for any deep signs of emotion- wanting to see the tiniest hint of someone who really did like Christmas deep down. But there wasn't. Wade really didn't care about it at all.

"So what do you do, then?" Peter asked, seeing as Wade didn't really care that Peter was asking these questions.

"Eh," Wade thought about it, not wanting to reveal what he truly did, "Sometimes I just sneak out and leave, other times I just stay in my room- they don't really care. A majority of the time I can stay out for nights at a time and they never question anything. The thing is, they always make themselves look good in public. They want people to think that they're kind and loving but in reality, they don't give a shit."

Peter felt bad for Wade, that his life was like this. Peter grew up with protection and love from his two caring parents who would do anything for him. He didn't know what to say, if there was anything to make him feel better, he just didn't know.

"Everyone should deserve to celebrate Christmas at least once in their life- or at least feel the festivity and happiness- the warmth from those around you."

Wade just laughed some more, "I don't need any of that."

It almost sounded as if he was becoming defensive about it.

--

Dad, would it be okay if I went out tomorrow?" Peter wanted to hang out with Wade. He knew that it was awkward ever since the shooting, but he wanted to fix that. He didn't know how, but he just wanted to.

"And go where? Do what? Last time you went downtown you could've died." Steve remarked. The car slowed down, they were stuck in traffic, "Great." he mumbled under his breath.

Peter knew his dad was leaning towards no as an answer, but didn't want to let that be the case, "Please? I was fine last time! I just want to-"

"To do what? Why do you always want to go downtown or somewhere alone and yet when me or your father offer, you always say no?"

"That's different, besides... I want to meet up with Wade." Peter said the last bit more softly, getting ready to defend himself and Wade if needed. His dad sighed and looked at Peter, "Honey, you know how me and your dad feel about you hanging with Wade..."

"Dad, he's not like he used to be! Me and him are actually really close friends now, and if you just got to know him better..." Peter trailed off, not really knowing what else to say other than to tell Steve to give it a chance. Either way, if he wasn't willing to give it a chance, it wasn't him who chose Peter's friends and whom he socialized with. "Besides, Wade doesn't celebrate this time of year... like, at all. His family doesn't even care about it. I wanna hang out with him tomorrow and try to make his holiday season a little happier, at least."

While Steve heard his son speak about Wade, he himself knew what it was like to have a friendship like Peter was forming with Wade. He remembered memories from his past with his closest friend, Bucky Barnes. Now more commonly known as the Winter Soldier; a brutally brainwashed assassin who in fact, almost killed Steve, his own best friend. He was lost now, nobody knew where he went. Steve tried everything, and still was, trying to locate him and help him.

"Fine." was all he said, agreeing to let Peter spend the day with Wade.