And yet, More Lies

pre-author's note

hi guys, it's me! There will also be an author's note at the end of this chapter but lol all I'm saying is that there will probably be more chapters in the future with the words lie, lying, or lies in it xD hahaha ok enjoy ! :)

-----

As the week went by, Tony had finished one of the bedrooms in Stark Tower for Peter and was almost finished with his and Steve's master bathroom. Although they planned on having the mansion rebuilt, he talked with contractors and at first was told it could take 10-12 months. With the money they had, Tony managed to shorten it down to 6 months but it was still half a year, and would be a long time. He knew they were going to be living in the tower for quite awhile so decided to make the best out of it. Peter's new bedroom was just down the hall from Tony's and Steve's and he planned on making a kitchen in the open area of where the bar used to be before Ultron destroyed it.

He had done nothing in the past week but work on their floor. The sooner done, the better. He was thankful that he could finally put some of his work drones to use. They hadn't turned out entirely useless after all like Steve had claimed.

It was now 6 p.m. on Friday and Tony walked into what had become their living area while Steve was sitting in his usual position on the couch.

Peter had stopped by after school, dropping off his backpack and then left, taking a few things for a sleepover at Wade's house. At first, Steve said no immediately, not particularly liking Wade. Tony wasn't a fan either but decided that since Peter never really hangs out with friends in the first place, he could.

After arguing about it, Steve finally agreed, but still remained unkeen on the idea.

The floor was now mostly silent as Steve looked up from his phone and saw Tony, who looked uneasy, crossing his arms. Steve tilted his head at Tony, waiting for him to say something. Tony just uncrossed his arms and threw some money down on the coffee table. Steve watched the money hit the coffee table and he looked back up at Tony, who had his arms crossed again, "Is that the money you lost?"

Tony nodded and clenched his jaw, frowning.

"Well it's a good thing you found it! Why do you look so upset over it?"

Tony sighed, "We need to talk."

Steve locked his phone and set it down next to him, "About what? What happened?" Tony remained standing as he uncrossed his arms again and pinched the bridge of his nose, "You wanna know where I found the money?" Steve looked at him confused, "Where?"

Tony sighed again before speaking, "Steve," his voice softened and lowered, "I found it in Peter's backpack." Steve was speechless, not knowing what to say or what to think. He looked away from Tony, trying to think of any possible reason as to why Peter would've stolen the money from them.

Finally, he looked back at Tony, shaking his head, "No, I mean, you couldn't've, he wouldn't... There has to be some sort of explanation.... he wouldn't just steal from us." Tony looked down and then just shrugged, "Well, I don't know what to even think. I was taking his backpack to his room because he left it in the hallway. I just set it on his bed and the small pocket had been slightly unzipped and from the corner of my eye I saw it inside. All of it." Steve bit his lip, thinking of a possible reason that didn't involve something he didn't want to hear. There was nothing that came to him.

"So what do you think? Drugs?" Steve hated to say it, to even think that their own son, who had been growing up so great, would be involved in something so low like drugs. Tony was just as upset as he was and hated to even imagine Peter falling into that life, "I don't know. I really don't. I just can't think of any other reason. And if he is... doing drugs, then I think it's time we have a family meeting." Steve nodded, agreeing right away, "I just don't believe it. I'm sure he has some sort of explanation, right?" He held onto hope, praying that Peter had a good reason for all of this. Tony only hoped the same. His whole life he was afraid he would fail at being a good father. His biggest fear right now was that maybe that is exactly what was happening.