A Day Off

"Take your pill this morning." Tony stressed as he pushed them forward towards Peter, who was sitting, eating his bowl of cereal on their island counter. "I know, I will. God." Peter wasn't actually going to take his pills, but he didn't exactly know how to convince his dad that he would take it when he was right there watching. "Hey, no using Lord's name in vain in this household." Steve walked in, obviously hearing Peter's annoyed response to Tony. Peter didn't roll his eyes but looked at both his fathers, "Everyone does it all the time. I mean c'mon, even you've both done it before." Peter replied, taking a spoonful of cereal to his mouth. "True," Tony looked at Steve and Steve narrowed his eyes before whispering to Tony, "Shhh... don't encourage him." Peter just smiled and continued to finish eating. Steve was just about to say another thing when Peter beat him to it, "And yes, I will take my pill." He had now finished his cereal and held up the pill in his hand, letting both of his parents see it. Peter proceeded to take the pill and put it in his mouth while taking a drink of his orange juice. He then swallowed, as if he was demonstrating how to do so. "See. Feel better now?" Both Steve and Tony seemed convinced and Tony sarcastically added, "Oh yes, in fact, I'll even be able to sleep better at night." Peter rolled his eyes and started to leave the kitchen as Tony laughed slightly and Steve just smiled, not knowing whether to laugh at Tony's comment or just roll his eyes, the same as Peter.

Peter walked down the hallway to his bedroom and once he knew that everyone was out of sight, he took the pill out from his mouth that had been hiding under his tongue. "Nice." he said quietly to himself, entering his room. He didn't know what to do with the pill because if he threw it away in his trashcan, that could risk one of his parents seeing it in there. At least he had the privacy to take it out of his mouth- up until Peter had turned 14, his parents had kept a small device attached to the wall near his door- Jarvis. Only to observe Peter if anything suspicious was going on. Not that his parents never trusted him, because they did, but it just made Steve feel better knowing that Jarvis was there to inform them if anything bad happened to him.

He walked over to his backpack and just threw the pill into an open pocket, telling himself he would just easily throw it away when he got to school. He zipped it up and then set his backpack next to the door. It was days like this Peter enjoyed the fact that he took showers at night. It was a slow morning that wasn't rushed with Peter gathering all his things or worrying about being late. It was a very laid back morning in the mansion, there were no Avengers running around on new missions. Now that Peter thought about it, ever since the Avengers' weekend mission a few days ago when he had Wade over, things have been very peaceful and nothing new has sparked.

Last weekend had been there most recent mission with all of them, together as a team. His parents had come home late and that happened the same day Peter found out about the spider silk. Usually, he asked his parents about how the missions went whenever they got back but Peter never did this time. All he knew was that they had all come back tired and worn out. They had been somewhere trying to find the new secret leader of Hydra.

"Are you taking Pete' to school or do you want me to?" Steve asked wrapping his hands around Tony's waist in the kitchen. He nestled his chin into the side of Tony's neck while Tony took the freshly made coffee pot out of the brewer. "Actually, I was wondering if you could today. I need to work with Bruce on a project in the lab." Tony replied, reaching for a mug from the cupboard above them. Steve reached his arm up and beat Tony's to it. He opened the cupboard and grabbed a mug for him. "Okay, I'll take him in. What are you two working on down there?" Steve questioned, starting to kiss Tony's jawline. Tony smiled and leaned in towards the kisses while letting his coffee cool. "Oh you know- things that help save the world and all. What time is the party tomorrow night again?"

Steve scoffed and stopped kissing for a few seconds, "It's at your tower, you should know... it's 7." he noted. The kissing resumed as Tony leaned in once more, letting their bodies press together perfectly the way they naturally did. They both felt as if they could stay like that forever until their son walked in. "Ew, PDA." he joked with a hint of truth, though he has walked into worse. Steve let his arms go from Tony's waist and looked up. Tony cleared his throat and then grabbed his coffee as they both turned to Peter. "You ready to go?" Steve asked and Peter nodded as Tony decided he meet Bruce down in the lab. "See you in a bit," Tony kissed Steve's cheek and then left the kitchen, heading to his lab. Steve watched him leave and then looked back at Peter, "Alright, let's go, sport." They both started to walk the opposite way from the direction Tony had left in.