Science

Not only were Peter’s new classes for the second semester without Harry, but in almost every one, it was just his luck that Wade happened to appear. The next week went by as he adjusted to the schedule change. Almost every morning, Wade would come in late, with his usual bad boy smirk as he would give the teacher a different excuse. Peter could only imagine all the detentions he must get, not to mention his grades. As the days continued into the following week, Peter’s science teacher announced that they would be doing a partner project for the whole month on creating a 3D-model of the anatomy of an animal cell. As interested as Peter was in the project, he was disappointed, knowing that there wasn’t a good friend of his to do it with.

“Now,” Peter listened to his science teacher explain the partner project, “I know this may disappoint some of you, but unlike your other partner projects we’ve done this year, I will be choosing your partners this time.” The class groaned and the teacher waved them off, “Oh please, you’re a bunch of babies. You will each work on the project together and will be handing them in by the end of this month.” Peter scanned the room, seeing the possibilities of people he could end up being with. His eyes met with those of Wade’s and he glanced away quickly at the clock, pretending to check the time. He just hoped he wouldn’t be paired with Wade… anybody but Wade...

“Now listen carefully or write your partner’s name down when you hear your name and who you’re with.” his teacher said, holding up the pairing sheet she had made, “Flash, you’re with Sally, Liz and Jessica, Luke is with Charlie, Peter and Wade…” Peter’s mind let his teacher’s voice fade as he thought about what she had read off. He didn’t know what to expect, that would be just his luck, getting paired with the exact person he didn’t want. He avoided looking in any direction that was toward Wade but knew he wouldn’t be able to hold him off forever. Maybe Wade would leave him alone and just let Peter do the project for them by himself. For once he wouldn’t mind that. “Alright so,” his teacher brought Peter out of his thoughts, “I want you all to get with your partner and for the rest of this hour just try to come up with a plan or an idea.”

The class started to move as people went over to their partners. Peter sighed to himself and stood up, looking over at Wade, who was showing his signature smirk. Peter rolled his eyes, grabbed his backpack, and walked over to Wade’s lab table. He set his bag down and sat down in the chair next to Wade. “So, what are the odds, huh. Us as partners,” Peter already was beginning to feel uncomfortable. He tried looking at the bright side of things. At least he wasn’t with Flash or someone like that who would’ve bullied him. Wade was just plain out annoying, not to mention that Peter felt completely embarrassed when he was around him because of what happened when they were younger. Peter will forever keep that a secret, hoping that Wade had maybe, just maybe, forgotten, though the chances of that were almost at nothing.

“So, what shall we do for this project, eh?” Wade nudged Peter as he stared blankly at the table. “Oh, uh, um…” Peter couldn’t gather his words together. “Petey, you doing ‘aight?” Wade said, laughing slightly to himself. Peter ignored him and just tried to think of how to make this project. He didn’t want to have Wade over at his house, not wanting people to figure out his parents. He had to beg his dads to change the school forms to Peter Parker, his original last name before he was adopted. It still to this day makes Tony a bit annoyed that he can’t live up to the fact that he has the best parents in the world but they deal with it. “Well, we could do it at your house,” Peter suggested, making eye contact with Wade, which he hadn’t truly done in a long time. “Ah,” Wade laughed and rubbed the back of his neck. “What is it?” Peter asked, still watching Wade. “Well, I mean, I would totally do it at my house but… I don’t know. Let’s just say you don’t want to meet my parents.” Wade leaned back in his seat looking back at Peter. Peter shook his head, “Well, you don’t want to meet my parents either… they’re different.”