Fast Action

pre-author's note:

alright, so this chapter is somewhat fast and it kinda just hits you. also, I proof-read it really quickly because I'm watching Harry Potter on TV so it was kinda distracting...

ALSO, I had a bit of help with this chapter so credit goes out to @MystTheKitten321123 !!!!

hope u like it, and like I said, there are probably multiple spelling errors soooo... yeah sorry about that!

------

Peter didn't really want to let his dad know that he was going out to meet Wade, so just decided it better to leave Wade's name out of it.

"So where are you going exactly?" Steve crossed his arms as he watched Peter put on a sweatshirt. Peter looked up at his dad, "I'm just going for a walk downtown."

Peter was really going to meet up with Wade at the park. It was a nice day outside and the weather was sunny but breezy. They were going to spend the day together and Peter was fairly excited. The only negative was that the night before he had caught two men who robbed a bank and was quite sore. "You're just going on a walk all by yourself? You aren't planning on meeting up with any girls or anything?"

Peter sighed, "Dad, I already told you yesterday, me and Mary-Jane broke up. And no, I just like to walk by myself sometimes, looking at all the shops and stuff. It's relaxing." Steve nodded and just wondered why Peter wasn't like other teenage boys who wanted to go out and hang with friends or something like that, though he didn't shame Peter for it because Steve himself wasn't much different as a kid either- except times were different back then.

"Alright, just be careful please, and don't stay gone too long. You have your phone on you?" Steve just wanted to make sure Peter would be safe. Peter nodded, showing Steve his phone in his pocket. He slid on his shoes and then headed to the elevator, pressing the button. "See you later." Peter said as the door slid open. Steve smiled, "See ya." he started to walk back to the living room as Peter got into the elevator and hit the ground floor button. The doors closed and as soon as Peter was gone, Steve decided instead of going back to the living room, he'd see what Tony was doing in the lab, maybe if he wasn't too busy working, they could have some fun together.

Peter let the elevator hit the ground floor, which led to the garage in which Tony kept the cars. Peter was excited because soon enough within the next few weeks the mansion should be finished and they would be moving out of the tower fairly quickly. He thought about it as he saw all the cars in the ground floor garage, wondering what his dad was going to do with all of them when they moved into their mansion, he assumed that there was going to be a whole separate

floor for them underneath, close to this one.

He walked to the ramp where cars came through to park. He was happy that the tower was close to the park and downtown, that way he didn't have to walk for a long period of time to get anywhere.

--

After leaving the tower, Peter walked downtown for a short while before entering the gates to the said park that he planned to meet Wade at. He walked down the park sidewalk and saw loads of different people. The park was filled. Some were runners or bikers, some were having picnics or playing sports, and some were just having a relaxing time taking a day's walk. He looked around for Wade, but the park was so big that he would probably have to walk around for a while before finding him. He checked his phone, looking at the new text,

Are u here yet?

Peter started texting Wade back, asking where he was. He continued walking along the sidewalk and looked around and then turned behind him, searching for Wade. As he turned back, he bumped into someone and apologized almost immediately, "Sorry I-"

He stopped as he noticed it was Wilson and he couldn't help but smile.

Wade turned and saw it was Peter and laughed lightly, "How many times do you think we'll meet bumping into each other?" Peter shared his laugh and his heart felt happy to see Wade. He didn't really know how to explain the feeling, but each time he saw Wade, he just seemed to get happier and happier each time.

Wade lightly punched Peter's shoulder as a friendly gesture, "So, what should we do today?"

Peter shrugged, not really caring what they did or where they went. He realized that he was still smiling and changed his expression to a more neutral tone as he remembered the people gossiping about him after school the other day.

"I was thinking we could go to that one-"

Peter was about to suggest something when he felt his spidey sense- what he now started calling it, kick in. He stopped mid-sentence and looked around nervously. "What's wrong? Are you ok?" Wade asked Peter as he saw Peter's expression change to caution. Peter ignored him and kept watching his surroundings, waiting.

Wade snapped his fingers in front of Peter's face, gaining his attention, "Petey, you ok?" Peter just nodded slowly, looking around once more, seeing nothing, "Yeah... fine..."

There were suddenly two loud gunshots and both of them jumped. It was from across the park and people started screaming. Noises picked up and as people ran by them, Peter only wished he could do something about it, but couldn't. He couldn't blow his cover, and without having his suit with him, it was useless. Another gunshot was fired and there was heavy yelling from what Peter assumed were the shooters. Peter's hand was grabbed by Wade's, "C'mon!"

He snapped out of his initial shock and let Wade lead him out of the park. Many other bodies touched his own as he remained holding on tightly to Wade.

It seemed like forever as they shoved themselves through bodies, but finally they made their way out of the gates and they ran down the street. People were scattered everywhere, running and screaming. Another gunshot went off and Peter heard sirens in the distance. They kept running down the streets of New York and Wade then led them down an alley, a ways away from the park. The screaming and the sirens still remained quite loud, but the alley was hidden and they felt safe, Peter felt safe with Wade.

He tried to catch his breath, panting out of the suddenness of the occurrence and the speed at which they were running. Wade seemed to have caught his breath quicker and was looking around, making sure they were okay. Peter was still gripping tightly to his hand out of fear and took a deep breath, "That was... what... what happened? We could've, we almost-"

Peter was cut off by one of the most unexpected things that could happen to him.

Wade had let go of Peter's hand and both of his hands now cupped Peter's cheeks. His chapped lips collided into Peter's and although they felt rough, the kiss was soft and passionate. Peter melted into it and the breath that he was about to take went back down his throat. He put his hands on the sides of Wade's shoulders and he kissed back, he felt protected and there was an intense amount of love coursing through his body.

Wade broke away and looked into Peter's eyes, which had been previously closed for the short amount of time, but now stared right back into Wade's. Wade then let go of Peter's face and hugged him, it was a tightly bound hug, to which Peter hugged back. He rested his head against Wade's chest, listening to his rapid heartbeat.

"You froze up. They could've killed you. You can't just freeze when something like that happens." Wade let go of Peter and then looked back into his eyes.

Peter was speechless, he couldn't comprehend all that had just happened. The shooting was something that he could take, but the kiss... that was a completely different story. So many thoughts ran through his mind, the kids at school, the rumors about him, the moment he and Wade rekindled their friendship, the single memory of why they broke their friendship to begin with...

Peter breathed slowly and Wade suddenly realized what he had just done. "Oh... shit, I'm sorry Pete, I didn't... I..." Wade had just been so shaken up, sure, he's dealt with things like this in his free time, but the way Peter had frozen was enough to scare him to death. He was so close with Peter and in that moment, the thought of losing him just hit him so hard he couldn't contain himself.

"It's okay..." was all Peter managed to get out. It all just happened so extremely quick.

He didn't reject the kiss, that's all he was thinking about now. He liked the kiss, he loved it.