Vacation

*seven years later*

Peter had turned eight over the summer and he had started his third grade year shortly after September started. The year went on at usual pace at the Avengers Mansion and although everyone living there wasn’t truly blood related, they all somewhat became a family in their own way, more than just a team. Everyone turned into people that they could count on. Loyal and trustworthy. This ended up working out great for Steve and Tony because they now trusted the home that Peter was going to be raised in. Though it would be chaotic, it would be good for him.

 --

“Are you sure it’s okay? I just feel bad…” Steve asked again as Tony came out with their suitcases. Bruce nodded, “Don’t worry! You two need a vacation and I’m probably the best one to look after him. Besides, it’s not like I’m the only other person here. He’ll have Clint, Natasha, Darcy, Thor, and Jane.” Bruce sighed again, trying to persuade Steve over again that it’d be fine for one week without them. “Okay babe well we need to leave pretty soon here if we want to get there while it’s still light out.” Tony set down their suitcases at his feet. Steve finally nodded in agreement, “Okay then. Peter! Come out here we’re leaving!” Steve called out to their son.

A few moments later they heard the small thuds of a little boy running down the wooden floors. Peter appeared from around the corner and ran up to both Steve and Tony. “When will you be home?” he asked as Tony leaned down and hugged him. “Don’t worry, we’ll be back in one week.” Tony ruffled his hair, making him giggle. Steve reached out his arms as Peter jumped into them. He lifted him up and gave him a kiss on the cheek, “Wow, you’re almost getting too big to do that anymore.” Peter wrapped his arms around Steve’s neck and mumbled goodbye in his ear. Steve set him down and he walked over to Bruce.

“Where are you and daddy going, papa?” Peter looked at Steve as he took his suitcase from Tony. “We’re just going on a small trip together.” Steve said, not wanting to say the word vacation and have Peter complain. Peter nodded and Steve looked at Bruce one more time with a reassuring smile before the two started walking out the door. Peter and Bruce both waved as Tony blew them kisses and closed the door behind him.

“So, what should we do first?” Bruce turned and looked at Peter, who shrugged but then Bruce saw his face light up, “Candyland!?” he asked excited. Bruce laughed and nodded, “Sure, you go grab it and I’ll be in the living room.” He watched Peter run down the hall and then he headed towards the living room. As he turned the corner he saw Clint walking out of the doors of one of the training rooms. “Hey, what’s up?” he asked Bruce as he started walking with him. “Ah, Steve and Tony just left and Peter and I were just going to play a board game.”

They both walked into the living room as Peter already had the game set up across the carpet floor. He was organizing the cards when Bruce and Clint both sat down. “Hey bud, mind if I join you two?” Clint smiled at Peter. Peter sighed sarcastically, “I guess,” he giggled. Bruce shuffled the cards and then began the game.

--

Tony sat down next to Steve with his beer. “I’ve never been to Fiji before.” Steve said as Tony leaned his head on his shoulder. “Me neither.” he breathed peacefully. “What do you wanna do when we get there?” Steve sighed and thought about it. “I’m not sure, we should probably find the hotel first off.” he laughed slightly. Tony smiled and set his beer down on the table, feeling slightly tired. Steve put down the book he had been reading and wrapped his arm around Tony, pulling him in closer against his body.

--

“Peter are you cheating or something? Man, you’re good.” Clint nudged Peter as Peter giggled and tried to push him back. “No , I’m just a natural.” He moved his blue player up past the gumdrop mountains as Bruce picked a card. Looking at what he was going to land on, he sighed, “Well obviously this is not a game for me.” he said as he moved only one space ahead. “Let’s see here,” It was Clint’s turn as he drew a card from the pile. “Ha, I’m catching up to you.” He moved his character one space behind Peter’s.