Christmas Special (pt. 2)

December 23rd

"So, what do you wanna do?" Peter kept his hands tucked tightly in his jacket pockets, even though he was wearing mittens- Steve wouldn't let him leave without them. Wade shrugged, he was wearing just a red sweatshirt with his hood up to cover his ears. The air wasn't freezing cold, but there was a bit of a nip.

Peter wanted to hang out with Wade just so Wade's break wouldn't be all that terrible. He wanted Wade to have at least some fun during this time of year. They were currently walking downtown, around the streets of New York City. It was extremely busy and the only reason Peter knew his parents were allowing him to go with just him and Wade was because they were superheroes and if the slightest little thing happened to him... well...

"What's something fun? C'mon, this is New York! There's gotta be something you wanna do?" Peter was really hoping Wade would suggest something, anything. Peter was willing to do anything with Wade.

--

"Oh god... yes... yes... right- right! There..." Tony moaned as Steve thrusted above him. Steve kissed down Tony's neck, biting the one spot he always did to the right. Tony held one hand on Steve's shoulder while the other grasped tightly onto their bed sheets. One of Steve's hands held him up on his left while his right elbow was leaning onto the bed and his right hand remained clenched above Tony's head. "I'm gonna-" Steve stopped mid-sentence. He let out an uneven exhale. Tony tilted his head back and he felt himself filled by Steve. He smiled and Steve laugh a little, "Still good?"

"Still fucking good," Tony mumbled, out of breath. Steve rolled off the top of him after pulling out and reached for the water on his nightstand. He gulped down the glass and set it back down, laying down next to his, still smiling, husband. "You don't happen to have another glass over there, huh?" Tony asked, breath finally caught. Steve just chuckled, "No, sorry babe." Steve laid on his back while Tony propped himself up on one elbow, facing him. Steve turned his head and looked at Tony, "I definitely feel the Christmas spirit now." Tony said quietly, watching Steve make the expression he knew he was going to make. He just shook his head and smiled, like he usually did when Tony said something sarcastic or stupid.

--

Peter thought of what his parents were doing at home.

"We could go to the park." Wade interrupted Peter's thoughts and looked at him, "What is it with you and the park, remember what happened last time?" Peter joked with Wade but at the same time was remembering the shooting, the adrenaline, the kiss. "I dunno... parks are just... nice. I mean, we don't have to. We can-"

"No, I want to." Peter smiled at Wade and at that moment he wanted to just hug his friend. The feeling was sudden, like they always seemed to be now. He wanted to take his hand into his, he wanted to rest his head up against Wade's shoulder, he wanted to be close to him. He didn't know this feeling. It was so strong and no matter how hard Peter tried, he just couldn't stop it from happening. How does one simply stop a certain feeling. Was there an off switch that Peter was missing?

The two of the walked to the park together, down the busy streets. There were thousands of people who Peter assumed were most likely doing last minute Christmas shopping. They started to cross a street and there became so many people that Wade reached for Peter's hand and held it in his to avoid separation. With Wade leading the both of them, Peter followed behind, biting his top lip and trying oh-so-hard to hide his smile- though he did a very poor job. He was holding hands with Wade. Wait. He was holding hands with Wade. Peter stopped smiling. He and Wade were just friends. What was he doing. He let go and Wade turned around as they finished crossing the busy street. They both stepped onto the sidewalk while people bustled by them. "What are you doing?" Wade asked, "Do you want to get lost in all this?" Wade gestured around and Peter shook his head like a child being scolded, "No, I just don't think we'll get separated, I'm not a baby."