Wade... Deadpool

The school bell rang and Peter got out as quick as he could, moving swiftly through the crowded hallways. He wanted to get on the tram as quick as possible, beyond eager to see Wade- especially outside of school.

However, he had to keep in mind the whole reason he was going to see him. He had to make sure he was ok.

Peter's body subconsciously led him to the tram station while all he really thought about was what he and Wade were going to talk about, what they would do. He had little to no time but he was thankful his dad gave him any time at all.

He pictured seeing Wade on the couch or in his room sleeping. Maybe eating something random like ramen noodles. He imagined Wade telling him that his phone died and his charger cord broke- and was too lazy to buy a new one. Peter imagined the anxiousness leaving from his body and then planned out what he would do with Wade in the fifteen minutes they could spend together. He pictured them making out on Wade's bed. He more specifically imagined Wade being somewhat aggressive whilst showing his affection because he complained to Peter much too often about how much he craved to make-out with Peter.

Peter's thoughts were wild as he now stood in a crowded tram car. He hid a small smile to himself while made-up conversations or actions continued to flood his mind with what he would do when he saw Wade.

He then thought if something really was wrong, what he would do. His smile faded as he imagined Wade unconscious. What if he had OD'd? There could be so many reasons to why he wasn't responding to Peter's texts and why he wasn't at school. His mind now jumped from eagerness to anxiousness again.

--

Peter stood outside the apartment building in which Wade lived. He walked up the steps and pressed his buzzer. He prayed to God that Wade would answer. Peter waited a few moments... nothing. He pressed again and waited longer. Perhaps he was in the shower or listening to music. Those could be likely reasons.

With no one to let him in, he wasn't sure how to get inside Wade's apartment.

Well... he knew of one way...

Peter was about to walk down the side alley of the building when the apartment doors opened. A group of people exited together, talking and laughing with one another. Peter caught the door as they passed him down the steps and slipped inside.

He glanced upward before starting to walk up the stairs to Wade's apartment. He was still confused with Wade's foster parents' situation. He had given up trying to pry Wade about it because he never gave Peter a clear answer anyway. Where were they? Who were they? There was no evidence that such people even existed in the apartment that Wade lived in, but there had to be someone, otherwise Wade wouldn't be there.

He reached Wade's floor and walked up to his door. He knocked, "Wade? It's Peter." He waited a few minutes, hoping to hear footsteps. He wished Wade would just say something and answer the damn door. Peter knocked again. It was the same as the buzzer situation- no answer. He tried to turn the knob. Locked.

Peter didn't have a key, but knew that Wade kept a spare. He left Wade's door and walked to the end of the hall. There was a window and a large plant sat next to it, basking in the sunlight. Peter knelt down and tipped the plant pot to the side with one hand. He leaned it off the ground just barely and saw the rusty key. He reached with his other hand and pulled it out from underneath. After placing the plant back, Peter stood back up and walked over to Wade's apartment door.

The key turned and Peter opened Wade's door. He cautiously walked inside, closing the door behind him, and looked around. Everything looked normal. It smelled faintly of Mexican takeout, which also seemed normal. So where was Wade?

He walked through the living room, nothing was out of place. He grew more nervous by the second. He was thinking of the worst possible outcomes and was terrified to even enter Wade's room. "Wade? Are you here?" He glanced down the small hallways that Wade's bedroom branched off of. The door was leaned closed but was not completely shut.

Peter's anxiety was only increasing. He hoped Wade was okay.

"Wade?" He said his name again, softly. He edged closer to Wade's bedroom and before he knew it, he was standing directly behind the door. He swallowed hard and reached out, pressing his fingertips against the old wood, pushing it open.

The door made its usual creak and Peter peeked in as the door continued to fully open.

He stood at the entrance and took in the scene. He didn't know what to look at first.

The window was open with a blood trail that led up to Wade's bed. Wade was there, but wasn't conscious- and if he was, he was in a deep sleep. He was in nothing but a white t-shirt, now stained red, and boxers. There were swords that leaned up against the wall near the window, smothered with dried blood- which Peter couldn't tell if it was Wade's or someone else's. He wanted to check Wade more than anything, to see if he was okay. But he couldn't. He was drawn to other things. He walked over to the window and knelt down, taking a closer look at the swords.

Peter looked at the swords and then glanced around, "These look like the ones that..." He stopped dead. There was a small pile on the floor of clothes and smaller items. He stood up and walked over to the pile. The items were also splattered with blood. He picked up what looked like the backside of a mask.

Peter didn't want to look at the mask, but needed to know.

He turned it around. The mask dropped from his hand almost as quickly as he had picked it up. It stared back at him from the floor- the white eye sockets, surrounded by black, surrounded by red. Peter's breathing hitched as he looked back at the pile. There was the suit, the belt, the guns... everything.

It was Wade.

It was always Wade.

Peter backed out of Wade's room slowly, staring at Wade the whole time- thinking he would wake up as he left.

Wade was breathing, that was all Peter made sure of before he left.

And just like that, Peter's life, which couldn't seem to catch a break, was shattered just as it was getting pieced together again.