After Ultron

- if you haven't seen AOU I recommend not reading for the sake of spoilers and that this story follows the movie somewhat closely other than the fact that some ships aren't canon in the movies and superfamily of course ;) btw sorry for any errors or stuff in advance xD, hope you like it -

*a month and a half after Ultron's defeat*

"But that's not the problem here," Steve argued with Tony about what they were going to do with their family. After Ultron gained power and tried destroying the world, the mansion had been an unsafe place to keep everyone and all the files underneath. Steve blamed it on Tony for deciding to put it right in the city, no matter how much security it was protected by. Since then, they had relocated and Shield built a completely new facility. Not much of a great mansion in Tony's opinion but it was what was needed for the basics of all of Shield and giving the Avengers a place to stay and train with the team. And Steve thought it was nice considering that it was just upstate of New York. Out from the crowded city where things were more peaceful.

"Okay well I don't see why we just-"

Steve interrupted Tony, "Because, you know as well as I do, it would be good for him to actually be in a house instead of a mansion or facility surrounded by older adults and training rooms and not to mention all the files and labs with scientists or Shield workers who are constantly working or running about." The problem after defeating Ultron was that, first of all, Steve was still somewhat pissed off at Tony for keeping Ultron a secret from him in the first place, and secondly, and mainly, they didn't know what to do about Peter. For almost four weeks, he'd been relocated with the help of Fury to a safe-house that Steve himself stayed in after coming out from the ice. Fury had sent Coulson up to it twice a week to check on him and although Steve and Tony still felt extremely uncomfortable by it, Fury didn't want either of them leaving to see him and then to have something happen with Ultron again. It was a difficult process but after they truly took all of Ultron down, they all helped with the rebuild of the new facility and also helped out cleaning all the destruction that was caused.

It was a tiring process they would all admit to but in the end everyone was thankful that it was just done and over with.

Tony sighed, "Well ever since our place was destroyed we've been in the mansion. I never even bothered to really make Stark Tower into a house exactly." He crossed his arms and walked to the other side of the hall near the windows. They stood in a long passage in the facility as they thought of what their plan would be. "I just think that would be the best idea." Steve was no longer in the mood to argue with Tony, knowing that it could go on and on and he really just was done with arguing. Tony could tell Steve was growing impatient but he felt just the same. He also knew that the idea of forming a house for them in Stark Tower would probably end up being the best idea anyway, at least until- or if, they ever decided on rebuilding their own mansion that had been brought to complete ruin. The problem was, he was just too tired to start that process. He didn't want to call it complete laziness but that he really just wanted to see his boy and spend time with Steve and Peter together. He wanted to go watch a movie and cuddle up with his husband while Peter made the face he always makes when they express their love in front of him. He smiled on the inside at the mere thought of the memories he had like that.

"Fine, but I just... I just feel like I never get a break. I mean, to put in an actual kitchen and a bedroom for Peter and our own bedroom and the bathrooms and things like that. I'll have to start right away the quicker we want to move in and it's not as easy as it looks you know. And honestly I just miss-" Tony was cut short as everything just sort of started to come out of his mouth all at once. He didn't even notice the pace he was talking at until Steve walked up to him and put both hands on each of his shoulders and shushed him. "Babe, I know. I miss Peter too and I can tell it's been driving us both a crazy." he calmed Tony and gave him a light smile at which Tony gave him a small uplift of his lips in return. "Everything is over and done with now, we can go get him tomorrow." Steve let go of Tony's shoulders and pulled him into a hug of reassurance. "And why don't you just hire someone else to do the work for us like most other people do? I'm sure while they work on it, we could stay here for a while." Steve was going to go on but Tony let go of him and gave him the look of stupidity. He hated when Tony looked at him like he was an idiot. He frowned, "What?"

"Did you just say... we could hire someone? No one is as good as me." Tony almost looked offended that Steve had suggested that idea. He rolled his eyes, not knowing if Tony was serious or just being cocky about himself again, "So you complain about having to do it yourself but yet refuse to take the option of having someone else do it completely for you?" Tony nodded with approval and Steve let go of him wondering what went on in his brain sometimes. "Okay then, you can do it yourself and I guess it'll just take longer." Steve agreed with Tony on his idea and felt a wave of tiredness hit him. "Fine. Good." Tony still didn't like the idea of doing it all himself but he had to have his way with the rooms and refused to have someone do the work that he could easily do himself. "Alright well let's just go back to the tower for now and I'll start working on it on Tuesday. I suppose we don't really have to stay here. We can just use the spare bedroom on my floor." Steve nodded, forgetting that there was the spare bedroom that he kept out of all the rooms (mainly labs and places for fixing and mending the Iron Legion androids) located on the whole upper half of the tower. "What about Peter? Where will he sleep?" Steve asked as they started to walk down the hall. Tony shrugged and looked at Steve, "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it."

-

They both laid in bed later that night as Steve couldn't seem to fall asleep, talking about seeing Peter the next day and getting to relax. He didn't truly mean to keep Tony up by his little conversations, which mostly consisted just his own voice because Tony was trying to sleep. Steve could just assume how tired he probably was, taking in the fact that he has had sleeping problems in the past before this anyway. "And remember, we're gonna leave early tomorrow so we can see Peter as soon as we can." Steve decided to add that before he fully drifted off. Tony sighed and Steve didn't know if it was a deep breath just from sleeping or he was about to say something. He found the second thought was correct. Tony opened his eyes and looked right into Steve's blue eyes with annoyance, "I'm not going to be able to get up early if you keep me awake like this." Steve closed his mouth and smiled, trying not to laugh at simply how adorable Tony looked with his messy hair and tired expression that made him look almost zombie-like. "Sorry... I love you." Steve said, adding the last part in apology, laughing slightly to himself. Tony squinted his eyes, "I love you too," he rested his head back down on his pillow and closed his eyes again, yawning, "Now go to sleep."