A New Hero

"Black could work. Wait no, let's add some color." Peter sat in his room talking to himself. He was on his laptop designing a suit for himself that he could use for his powers.

It had been a few days since he saved that woman from harm and had officially decided to use his abilities for the good of the general public. He knew that making this decision would change everything in his life. More secrets, more lies. He couldn't let anyone know about his secret and would have to keep his hero life in the dark from everyone, forever. He doubted that his hero identity would ever become anything more than just a masked person who saved an innocent person or stopped a man from robbing a small bank.

He would become somewhat like that one character who the police have been after for the past year, except pure good.

The police were only after he who called himself Deadpool because from what Peter would read in the news, he was a very violent hero. He would stop the bad guys, but by torturous ways, sometimes he even killed them. The police finally made the decision that Deadpool should be caught and brought in for questioning on all criminals who had been killed, but nobody could ever catch even a glimpse of him. Never seen by anyone other than the people he caught and tortured.

Deadpool somewhat worried Peter, afraid that he could run into him while doing his own hero work.

He'd read what people say he looks like. The criminals that the police found that Deadpool let live had described him to sketch artists who put his picture in the paper for anyone who had seen him.

He had a red and black suit, tight fitting, along with a belt which held guns and knives and who knew what else. He always wore a mask, hiding his identity, like Peter was going to do, and he had two large black circles around his eyes. Some people also said that he had two long swords strapped to his back as well.

Either way, Peter wouldn't hurt anybody he caught. He decided to merely catch them and hold them safely until the police could get to the scene.

Who knew, maybe he would even get along with the police, get on good terms with them and help them succeed further in their line of duty.

"No, black is too villainous. People need to know I'm good."

He had designed the layout of his suit and decided it to be fine fitting spandex so it wouldn't weigh him down or restrain him from anything. His mask would be a bit thinner than the suit and breathable, having large white plastic lenses with a chrome covering where his eyes would be able to see out of, but nobody seeing him. The lenses for his eyes were also designed to block out the sunlight, like built in sunglasses, for if it was ever sunny and he needed to see past the glare of the sun.

"What about blue..." he continued talking to himself. "Or red..."

He shaded in different parts of the suit from blue to red and right in the middle of the change, he paused, "What about both, that could work." Peter liked the colors and how they mixed. He made his chest red along with his mask, the feet, and the top of the sleeves. He then made his legs, sides of his torso, and underarms blue. After he turned the suit around to the backside, he made the back blue as well and kept his shoulders red with a single red line across his lower back.

"There we go." Peter smiled, deciding this to be the final design of the suit.

Now all he had to do was think of a name. He had started thinking of names from the moment he made this hero decision, but nothing that he thought of really sounded right.

He sighed and then leaned back against his pillow that was propped up. Whatever name he chose, he wanted it to be associated with his abilities. He could make webs, like spiders, and climb walls, also like spiders. He also was picking up another ability that he wasn't sure if it was just him or not, but that his senses felt enhanced. His hand-eye-coordination and reflexes were 1000x better than they had ever been and he could feel when something bad was about to happen. He got a strange sensation when that man attacked the woman, or that one time Wade was about to throw clay at him, Peter knew ahead of time and dodged it. It was a tingling sensation that caused him to know when he or someone close around him was in danger.

"The Spider?"

"Wall Climber."

"The Web Master."

Peter said all different ideas aloud, but still, nothing stuck.

Maybe he was thinking too hard, maybe he just had to let it come to him. He looked back at his design and thought more clearly, if he was a man with spider abilities...

"Spider-Man."

It stuck. It was plain and simple and sounded good while suiting exactly what Peter was.

Suddenly two new ideas came to him to add to the suit.

He looked at the backside of the suit and then carefully drew on a thin red spider, covering most of the back. He then turned it back to the front and drew the same thing except smaller and this time, black, across his chest.

He was going to be a hero.

He was Spider-Man.

-----

author's note

hi! sorry i havn't updated, i was in six flags this past weekend and yeah august is like my busiest month this summer!

anyway, sorry for this short chapter, i cant seem to focus on my fanfics right now bc im caught up in watching the x-files...., hehehehe

hope it was an okish chapter even though it wasn't even 1000 words xD

- i also updated yesterday's promise!

(comment/vote!)