A 'Somewhat' Cure

“So our son can climb on walls and shoot webs from his wrists, this is awesome.” Tony took a drink of his beer as he sat down on their bed. Steve laughed, “Well he’s definitely different, mommy.” Steve emphasized the last word and Tony rolled his eyes, “Shut up.”

“At least he’s talking.” Steve smiled as he took off his shirt and walked over to the bed, sitting down next to Tony. “True,” Tony lifted up his beer bottle and took another drink. There was a knock at their door and they both looked up. “Come in.” Steve stood back up as Bruce walked in. “Sorry to disturb you two, but I finally have something that can help Peter.” Tony got up and followed Steve over to Bruce, “What do you mean?” Bruce lifted up a small bottle with a liquid in it, “It won’t get rid of his abilities, but it can temporarily suppress them if he takes this medicine throughout his life.”

“So if we start giving it to him now, he probably won’t even remember he has these… powers.” Tony thought of the idea and knew that this could work. “That’s amazing Bruce!” Steve held the bottle and examined the liquid inside, “Well should we give it to him right now or..?”

“I suppose if you wanted… you could just stir it in with his milk.” Bruce suggested as he held the small bottle. “Well he’s asleep now, but in the morning,” Tony suggested. “Yeah, we’ll just do that and see how it works. How long does it take before the medicine wears off?” Steve asked, crossing his arms. Bruce thought, not entirely sure, “Well, I mean, this is all new so I guess we’ll just have to find out together. I worked with it as best I could, I would say for a toddler up until the age of five, perhaps once a week and then increase to every other day and I’m assuming once he hits puberty it will switch to an everyday dose.” Tony and Steve both nodded along as Bruce told them, “And there’s also a chance that for when he’s older, we can change them into pills.”

“This is great, so we can just switch to pills when he’s older and if he ever asks we’ll just say he has Crohn’s disease or something like that, easy.” Tony said smiling at the idea as Bruce laughed, “Something like that.”

---

“Did you put it in?” Steve leaned over Tony’s shoulder as Tony got Peter’s milk ready. “Yes,” Tony rolled his eyes but smiled as Steve wrapped his arms around his waist. “Hey,” he laughed, “I have to give him his milk, stop it.” Tony said as he snapped on Peter’s sippy cup cap. He tried to remove Steve’s hands but Steve took him by surprise and spun him around so his back was up against the counter. “You really think you could escape Captain America?” Steve laughed and pressed their foreheads together. “I’m Iron Man, I can do anything.” Tony winked and they pressed their lips together. Steve moved his hands around Tony’s waist as Tony melted into Steve’s body.

Suddenly they both heard a gasp and turned around, “In front of the child!?” They both laughed as they saw Clint covering his mouth and wide-eyed. “I’m ashamed of you two.” he added with his sarcasm. Peter sat in his high chair giggling and waving his arms in the air. Steve let go of Tony as Tony took the sippy cup, walking over to Peter. Peter reached out his arms but Tony didn’t give it to him just yet. “Hold on, what’s my name?”

Steve sighed, “Really Tony, again with this.” Clint laughed as he reached for an apple. Peter whined as he could see his drink but failed to grab it as Tony taunted it in front of him. “C’mon Pete, you can say it, Da-Da, two syllables.” Peter frowned at his father. “Tony, give him the milk already, he needs to drink the medicine down.” Tony rolled his eyes, “Fine, next time.” He squinted his eyes at Peter as he gave him the sippy cup. He laughed as Peter grasped his small fingers around the sides and started sucking down the milk. “So,” Clint started as he sat on a breakfast stool. “How are things with you and Natasha, Clint?” Steve asked as Tony walked back over to him. “Great,” Clint smiled, “I mean, you know, a handful as usual, but great.”