Suspicion

author's note

lol hi ik ur all still salty at me for that prank earlier but here is an update, like promised <3

except my bad, there is no spideypool in the chapter and it's mostly a filler lol

also i didnt really proof read that well so sorry for spelling and stuff !!

<3

-----

Feburary

The weather was cold. Cold enough that Tony had already gotten two bad colds in the past month of January. Steve made him stay home from work each time and Peter wished he would get sick so he could skip school. His parents wouldn't let him ever skip school unless he was striking a fever. Though at the same time, Peter was thankful he hadn't gotten sick because it gave him more opportunities to go out and save the city of small-town bad guys. So far, he had helped the cops catch three of the top wanted men in Manhattan- well, four, counting the one he caught last night robbing a bank.

That one was a close call, Peter himself almost got caught- he barely escaped, causing him to question what the cops in the city truly thought of him...

He had just caught the guy who was about to crack the code to the giant safe near the back when the police burst in, surrounding the floor and aiming their guns towards the man. He had a black ski mask on his face and now both his hands were stuck to the safe door, covered with Peter's webs shot from his wrists. As the police scattered around, looking for others, one spotted Peter up on the balcony on the second floor and started yelling something about 'it being him', which confused Peter. He escaped through the window he had opened, but just before, he heard shooting in his direction. At lightning speed he was already blocks away from the bank downtown as he shot webs that carried him farther away.

Peter now was in his bedroom, the day after. It was Sunday. He was still questioning why the cops had been shooting at him if he was the one that caught their guy. It didn't add up to him. He got out of bed and decided to get something for breakfast, hopefully his dad had made something. His feet shuffled across the floor of his room towards the sweatpants that were in a heap next to his dresser. He picked them up and then slid them on over his boxers.

Peter rubbed his eyes with both hands, yawning. In truth, he hadn't woken up all that long ago and it was almost noon. Last night had stressed him out and after he got home, he barely got his suit back in the closet before he passed out on his bed from exhaustion.

He walked out into the kitchen and immediately smelled waffles. Steve had made waffles. He could also hear the TV from the living room which was right next to the kitchen. His parents were assumingly watching the news like on most usual mornings. Peter grabbed a plate from the cupboard and noticed the stack of waffles on the counter. He reached for two and then continued to locate the butter and syrup.

Once his waffles were buttered and covered with syrup, Peter grabbed a fork and then headed into the living room. Tony was sitting on the couch, his back turned to Peter, while Steve sat in the armchair reading off his Kindle. Steve looked up upon Peter's entrance, "Well hey, sleepy head, what did you and Harry do last night? You came in really late." Peter yawned again. "He had a party, but I didn't feel like spending the night because everyone was drunk."

Tony had now turned around, watching his son come sit down on the couch next to him, "Why didn't you call us?" he started, "Pete one of us could've picked you up. How'd you get home?" Peter looked at both his parents and then the TV, which was on the news, like he guessed. "I just caught a cab, it wasn't that hard."