Wade Finds Out

Peter took in a deep morning sigh and realized the scent immediately. He wasn't in his bed, or his room, for that matter. He started to roll onto his side while slightly peeking open his eyes, but as soon as he made movement he felt a strong pain in his chest. "Wha-" He stopped moving and as he lifted up his neck, he held up the covers, looking down at his pained body. He saw a gash across his chest with stitches mending it together.

He threw his head back down onto the pillow and started to recall everything. Night watching, Deadpool, the cops... the cops!

"Shit..." Peter closed his eyes, not even wanting to know what was in the press for today. Word would be around the big city in no time. The door suddenly opened and Peter looked up, seeing Wade walk in. "Hey..." Peter said with a smile, propping himself up on his elbows. He started to think of how to explain things to Wade- what excuses he could use for getting the giant wound. However, Wade didn't look happy, he wore no readable expression on his face, which worried Peter... he must've found the suit.

Peter's smile faded and he gulped, "Wade... Wade, I can explain..."

Wade was silent for a few moments before walking swiftly over to the end of his bed, picking up Peter's bag and reaching into it. He pulled out the Spider-Man suit and held it jumbled in his hand. "Yes, Yes Peter, please do explain. Explain to me why there's a fucking Spider-Man suit in your fucking backpack."

"Wade... just let me-"

"No Peter, are you out of your fucking mind!? You could've gotten killed. You nearly did. And what if I hadn't been there, huh? I don't suppose your parents know anything about this."

Peter looked away and ignored the pain he felt from his injury. Wade threw the suit to the ground, "This is bullshit. First off, you didn't tell me, which pisses me off because I thought I could trust you, second, shit man, you scared the fuck outta me. You called me and I... I didn't even know what to think. Do you even know what you're doing out there? People die, Peter. People kill other people and when you go looking for that type of danger, you get targeted- something tells me you learned that lesson last night."

Peter nodded, now looking back at Wade. He didn't like Wade yelling at him, but understood. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean for you to find out like this..."

"Whatever," Wade sighed in anger, "That gash probably hurts like a bitch, I'm gonna get some stuff for that now that you're awake." Wade left Peter to replay his words in his mind. He walked to his bathroom down the hall and opened the medicine cabinet, taking out the antibiotic ointment again along with the Advil. As he closed the mirror, he looked at his reflection.

You almost fucking killed your boyfriend, great going.

It wasn't like that, I didn't know it was him... how was I supposed to? He came at me first... I didn't know... I didn't know... He shouldn't be out there on his own.

Well, all you're doing is taking your anger out on him when he was doing the right thing. You're the messed up one. How long are you going to make him think all this was his fault before he finds out you're keeping the same little secret that he was.

Wade talked to the voices in his head, blaming himself for everything. Peter would be okay if this hadn't happened. He should've told Peter about Deadpool from the beginning, and now he's blaming Peter. With the pill bottle and ointment in his hands, he left the bathroom, not knowing what to do. Does he tell Peter that the psycho-maniac who tried to kill him last night was him? How could he? It would ruin everything they had. He walked back down the hall to his bedroom and walked in, seeing that Peter had now managed to sit up.