Back to the Shack

Peter knew that with all the Avengers distracted with their movie night, it would be loads easier to sneak out. The only thing he'd have to get by would be Jarvis, which he could most likely handle. He also didn't want anyone to walk in and see that he'd be gone, so he placed two pillows vertically down his bed and then put his blankets over the top of them, making it seem as if a human body was sleeping.

He opened his door and heard Tony's laugh. They hadn't started the movie yet and they seemed to still be telling stories or talking about random things. He leaned his door shut quietly behind him and then continued down the hall, stopping at the opening of where he had to pass through the main living space to the elevator.

"Damn." he whispered to himself.

He didn't know how he was supposed to get to the elevator without passing through the living room. The idea occurred to him that he could sneak out his own window and use his wall climbing gift to get out, but didn't want to get himself targeted by Jarvis as a security alert. The only other way out was to go down to his dad's lab and take the elevator out that way.

The lab was located on the floor below him and the stairs were just near the kitchen to get there. However, to enter the kitchen, it still involved in him walking across the main room.

Peter realized there was no other way out so he just hoped that all the Avengers would be too caught up in their time with one another to realize he walked by.

He sighed and then started to casually walk through the living room.

"Hey sport, you feelin' any better?" Steve asked Peter as they all watched him walk through. Peter slowed down and then pointed in the direction of the kitchen, "No, not really, I just want some water." Steve nodded and while some of the rest started talking again he just smiled at his son, "Feel better okay?"

Peter smiled in return and nodded, "I will."

He continued walking and then in a matter of seconds disappeared from the living room and turned to the right, walking into their kitchen. It still smelled of new, even though it had been finished for awhile now. He walked through the kitchen and walked over to where the sliding door was which led down to Tony's lab.

It took him a few seconds to remember the code for the door, but it soon came to him after remembering watching Steve type it in once. He pressed each number button slowly and proceeded to hit the enter key. The top of the door lit green and slid open.

"Hell yeah." Peter smiled to himself in succeeding and listened to who he heard was his dad's voice, "Okay, while you start the movie, I'm going to get some more beers, who all wants one?"

He quickly entered through the door and let it slide shut behind him, just in time before his dad entered the kitchen. He could still hear his voice, "Alright, two of these, one of those." Peter assumed he was looking through the fridge. He heard another voice enter, Steve's, "Hey babe, I'm making some popcorn."

Peter knew that he should probably go, but just as he was about to continue walking down the stairs, his name entered the conversation, "Wasn't Peter just in here a few minutes ago?" Peter heard Tony's voice. "Yeah... yeah he was, wasn't he." Steve replied.

Peter's heart froze, he was hoping that with all of them being so caught up in having fun, they would've forgotten or just not put it in memory.

"He probably is already back in his room, I wouldn't doubt it." Peter heard his pops reach into the cupboard and take out a few bags of popcorn. "Yeah, guess that's true, if he did, we were probably too busy laughing over Thor's stupid jokes." Peter heard the clinking of bottles, assuming that his dad found what he was looking for.