A Typical Morning

*eight years later*

“Peter hurry up, we have to leave soon!” Tony shouted down the hall of the Avengers Mansion. Peter, while still in his room, scrambled to get his things together. He crammed his notebooks and papers into his backpack and zipped it up as he opened his door. “Coming, just hold on!” he shouted back. He tied his shoes, adjusted his backpack against the side of his shoulder, and walked down the hall, ruffling his fingers through his hair.

Peter entered the kitchen and grabbed a banana from the fruit bowl on the island counter. “Here,” Steve pushed a glass of water towards his son, along with his daily pill for his severe lack in vitamin D. Peter rolled his eyes and grabbed the pill, swallowing it before he even drank the water, washing it down. “I don’t get why I need to take those. I bet I’d be fine without them.” Steve sighed and leaned back against the counter, raising his eyebrows, “No, you wouldn’t. You got sick when you were just a baby, and don’t take this the wrong way, but I think that I’d rather trust your Uncle Bruce when it comes to health and all that science stuff, other than a teenage boy.” Peter scoffed sarcastically while he started to peel his banana. “Are you ready?” Tony asked, walking into the kitchen. Peter nodded, taking a bite of the sweet fruit, “Just eating breakfast.”

“Take your medicine?” Tony asked Peter, glancing at Steve and back to him. Peter nodded again, annoyed, always being bothered to take the red pill, every single day. “Okay well hurry up, I started the car. We gotta’ get going, I have a meeting that I just have to go to.” Tony said looking at his watch. Peter continued eating his banana until he hit the end. He walked over to the garbage and threw away the peel. “Okay, ready, let’s go.” Peter looked at his dad as he now sat down on the bar stool, doing something on his phone. “Have a good day, see you later.” Steve said behind Peter as he made himself breakfast, “See ya,” Peter replied, as he started to leave the kitchen. He walked down to the garage doors of the mansion, where he sighed, waiting,“Dad! C’mon, I’m waiting on you now.” he called down the hallway. “Yeah, yeah, I’m coming,” his dad replied with a distant shout. He heard his footsteps and Peter opened the door, walking out into the garage.

He groaned as his dad met up with him, “What?” he asked, heading towards his car. Peter gestured towards the car they were taking. “Dad, you’re taking the Tesla.” Tony nodded, “Yeah why not, 2011 Tesla Roadster, it’s fun to show off.” Peter groaned again, “Dad, you can’t take me to school in a convertible, especially this. They’ll know who you are.” His dad took off the sunglasses he was wearing as he sat down in his car, “Peter, I hate to tell you this, but everyone knows who I am. I’m me.” Peter knew his dad was going to say something cocky like that, “That’s not what I mean. Dad, people at school don’t know that you and dad are my parents, except for like, Harry, and I’d like to keep it that way.” Tony rolled his eyes, putting his glasses back on, “Well what would you suggest then, want me to buy some sort of pedo van with blacked out windows for you so people don’t see the driver is a world famous billionaire and superhero, Peter, to me that seems like something I would show off, not hide.” Peter shook his head, walking over to the passenger side of the convertible. He opened the door and got in, “No, you just don’t get it. You’re a parent.” Tony sighed and opened the garage door, starting to back out the convertible, “Right, cause I was never a teen or anything.”

The ride to school was mostly silent. Peter had his dad park on the side of the road, a few blocks away from his school so the kids wouldn’t see his dad. It’s not that he was embarrassed for having two dads or that they were famous, but he knew that if everyone found out, he would become popular and would have all this unwanted attention. Everyone wanting to be his friend just for the fact that he has the best life outside of school. He thought about his classes as he walked to school. It was the start of a new semester, his sophomore year already half over, which meant his classes changed. He was a bit upset when he saw that his only friend, Harry Osborn, wasn’t in any of his classes. He already knew for his science projects he was going to be asked by many of the kids to be his partner. They always ask, mainly because Peter’s the smartest kid in the entire class and they want to get an A on the project. Usually Peter would be with Harry but seeing as they have no classes, he’s going to get stuck with some random person who, he ends up doing the whole project for the both of them.

He turned the corner on the street he was on and saw the school ahead of him. He looked at his feet as he crossed the street onto school grounds. The warm morning breeze felt cool against his skin as he continued walking to the school. He usually met up with Harry so they could walk to first period together but seeing as they were separated he didn’t expect to even meet up with him. He just headed straight to his locker to transfer books and that was mainly it. As he walked to the school doors, he passed people standing on the steps talking or gossiping. Some couples making out on the picnic table or by their cars. He ignored it all, not wanting anyone to talk to him, knowing that they wouldn’t anyway unless Flash, the most popular jock in school, wanted to make fun of him for something.

He walked into the school, pushing open the doors and feeling the school atmosphere. People at their lockers or walking down hallway, couples playing with each other or again, making out, teachers walking to their classrooms with their freshly brewed morning coffee, it was all so plain to Peter. The same scene every morning. It’s like everybody is on the same schedule for when and where to be places. Boring. 

He walked down the multiple hallways to his locker, which he was just glad wasn’t on the top floor. As he turned down the hallway that his locker was at, he ran straight into someone turning the opposite corner. “Oh…,” Peter was about to apologise when he saw who it was. “Nah, no need to apologise, Petey,”

Wade Wilson. Peter knew exactly who Wade was. They used to be best friends when they were little. They would always play video games with each other. At one point as they got older, something happened in particular that Peter had never truly forgotten about. Since then, Peter had gone his separate ways from Wade. He tried not to make the issue more awkward than it already had become, Peter remembering their childhood together. Though, now Wade was quite a bit taller than him and not to mention his attitude. He was a bad boy that some girls went for, but he was a tease. He would flirt with multiple at a time but never dated any one of them. Peter didn’t like Wade, he was the kid who would skip class and not give a care about it. He rather annoyed Peter.

“Sorry,” Peter ended up apologising anyway, looking at Wade, who chewed his gum with a smirk, “I said no need to apologise. Such a kind little soul, you are.” Wade said sarcastically and ruffled his hand through Peter’s hair. Peter sighed and closed his eyes, restraining himself from doing anything. Wade patted Peter on the shoulder, “Nice talkin’ to you, buddy.” He started walking past Peter, continuing to where he was originally headed. Peter looked behind him and watched Wade disappear. He ruffled his hair with his own hands, fixing what Wade had screwed up. “Buddy?” Peter repeated what Wade had said, “No.” he laughed to himself, making it to his locker. He opened his locker, then his backpack, putting notebooks and books into his locker that he wouldn’t need until later in the day. He loved the feeling of taking out the heavy books from his bag and setting them into his locker, and then putting his backpack back on and having it feel ten pounds lighter. He heard the first bell ring, now all he has to do is make it to first hour without anymore awkward situations.