Upturned Lies

3 PM

"Jarvis," Peter stood close to the gates of his house, "It's me, Peter."

"Please give your print, Mr. Peter."

Peter pressed his forefinger against the finger pad and upon doing so, the eye scanner scanned his eyes.

"You're good to go, sir." Jarvis unlocked the gates, allowing Peter entrance. It was the middle of the afternoon- he hoped his parents were in some sort of meeting at work or at the Avengers base training, which was very likely. He wanted to avoid all confrontation with them so they wouldn't notice the hickeys that Wade so kindly left on his neck earlier that morning. He walked up to the front door.

Once he was inside, he cautiously made his way to his room. He didn't see or hear any sign of his parents being home. At last, he was safe in his room. He pulled back the hood of his sweatshirt that he was keeping over himself. He leaned his door so it was just barely shut. He wasn't too worried about his parents being home now, for if they were, they would've definitely come to him by now. He emptied his bag that he had brought to Wade's and threw his clothes on the floor.

He decided that if his parents weren't home, he'd take his suit and hang around Manhattan for awhile. It's not like he had any other plans anyway. He left his room and headed to the kitchen to get something to eat first, realizing he had barely eaten anything today.

Just as he turned the corner to enter his kitchen, he froze.

"And then I told him-" Tony stopped mid-sentence. Peter's parents had just come up from his dad's workshop downstairs. They both had seen Peter, there was no getting out of this now.

"Oh hey P-" Steve's expression changed from delighted to concerned in the matter of seconds. Peter wished he had disappearing powers, wanting to escape this whole situation that was about to unfold. Steve set down the bottled water that was in his hand and walked over to Peter, a stern and angry look was developing on his face.

Tony followed his husband over.

Peter gulped and looked away.

Steve lightly pushed Peter's jaw up, getting a better look at the reddish-purple bruises around his neck. Tony sighed in disappointment and turned his back.

Peter didn't say anything, not really knowing what to say in the first place. He felt incredibly guilty and dirty.

Steve dropped his hand away and Peter lowered his jaw once more, still looking away. Tony turned back around in sudden anger. "So this is what you've been doing at Wilson's place!? Are you kidding me Peter? Are you fucking serious."

Peter hated when his parents were angry, it was terrifying.

Steve looked away and walked back over to the island counter. He rested his back against it and pinched the bridge of his nose.

Tony started pacing back and forth, "So how long has this little thing been going on between you two. Days? Weeks? I expect an answer."

Peter remained silent for a few moments before mumbling, "M- months..."

"Months? How many months?"

Peter really wanted to avoid this. He wished he were anywhere but in his kitchen in front of his parents. "Um... since- since the big fight between you and dad..."

"Almost a goddamn year? Were you ever going to tell us about this? Or did you think maybe you could just keep this between you and Wade?"

Peter thought to himself, well, that was originally the plan.