chapter five, hot chocolate.

- Theodore -

- Theodore -

The microwave dinged and I took out the steaming drinks for Cami and I. I feel so guilty, like a weight on my chest or something. I missed her and I was just a moron because I was jealous she spent the night with Matt instead of me. Did she not miss me? I thought we were best friends and this summer wouldn't change that.

I tried not to spill our drinks as I opened my bedroom door, only to see her smirking at her phone. "You alright?"

"Yep."
Matt. I bet it was Matthew. I handed her the mug and prepared myself before taking a deep breath, "I'm really sorry for getting mad earlier."

"All's forgiven and forgotten." She sipped her drink. I don't know if she means it or not but she seems happy enough.

"I overreacted. I am really glad you're back."

"You should be." She smirked.

"You can't say you didn't miss me too."

"Ugh fine."
She opened the bag of marshmallows a tossed one into her mouth.
"I didn't miss you but I did miss hot chocolate."

"My hot chocolate though."
She threw a marshmallow at me which I stretched over and caught in my mouth, giving her a grin after I chewed it down.

We drank our hot chocolate and talked about the most random things, laughing and almost crying like every after midnight conversation goes as we stuffed our faces with marshmallows and stared at my bedroom ceiling.

She seems to have forgotten completely about our argument and is back to her bubbly self. She always spills her emotions or whatever is on her mind when it's late, so now's the perfect opportunity.
"Who were you texting when I came in?"

"Matt..."

I knew it. "Show me." I grinned as I reached for her phone.

"No!" She blocked it, giving me a serious smiled, "don't."

"Why not? What are you hiding, Cami?"

"Nothing, it's just weird for me to show you."

"You sure? I think he sent you a dick picture or some-"

"No! Oh my god no!"

"Show me and you can ask me anything or see any of my texts or whatever."

"Fine."

I smiled as she handed me her phone, my thumbprint still able to unlock it. I scrolled through her apps and found the messages before reading them.