chapter fourty-nine, misogynistic.

- Theodore -

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

- Theodore -

"Good morning."
Becca smiled as I strolled into the kitchen. My head was pounding from my lack of sleep, I hate mornings.

"Hey, you." She stuffed her face with cornflakes. "What are you doing today?"

"School then basketball, then I'm going back to Mom's. You?"

"Meeting up with Sofia and Brayden, I might come back to Mom's with you."

"Alright."

My bed felt even more empty this morning. Probably why I got out of it so fast.
My bathroom was still decorated with some of her things, but I can't pull myself to give them back. Hopefully she'll sleep over again, even if we do keep our clothes on.

After saying 'goodbye' to Bec I threw all my bags in the trunk and sat waiting in my car for Camila. I put on my sunglasses to hide the bags under my eyes and switched on the radio, hoping it will distract me from everything.

A minute later to passenger door opened, "Hey-"
Although her hair was done nicely, it didn't hide how tired she looked, "You okay?"

"Yeah, just missed my alarm." She chuckled, not convincing me.

"That's not like you."

"I know, right? Just didn't sleep great."

Something was up with her. I tried to recall last night's events, but I can't see how that could have had any effect. Did something happen before, or after? Would she tell me if something did happen?
"You need a lift home today?"

"Aren't you going to your mom's?"

"I can drop you home before if you want?"

"No, don't worry about it, Zoe should be home."

Is she trying to avoid me? Did I say something wrong? Was it the hug?
"Oh, okay."

My fingers tapped the steering wheel to force me to keep my hands to myself, and I tried to listen to whatever boy band was on the radio. It really doesn't help when they're singing about romance, but I bopped my head to it anyway.

*

"You need to drop it, now. Or else I'll-" Katie was sending death stares to Joey and Matthew as we sat down in the social area.

"Everything okay?" Camila asked.

"Yeah, they're just being... misogynistic."