chapter fifty-four, holy trinity.

- Camila -

- Camila -

I think I cried myself to sleep. I wouldn't normally, but sometimes I let my emotions build up and I end up releasing them all in one go.

"It doesn't ever click, it's like you always knew from the second you met them, but over time you end up giving in."

I wasn't really familiar with friendship when I was a kid. I never had a best friend, it was normally just a group of people I hung out with. So when I met Theo, I felt something different. Like he was there for me, like I didn't need anyone else. He's my oxygen. Always has been.

*You want me to pick you up again today?*
My phone buzzes while I was brushing my hair.

*I'm good, thanks.*

*

My gear bag sat on my lap as Zoe drove me to school.
"What's the plan today?"

"Well the game's during third class-"

"I meant with Theo and Matt."

"Oh. I don't know. We had this deep conversation but I still don't know what he means. Theo said I shouldn't play with people's feelings but I don't know if it refers to Matt or him."

"He means himself, dumbass." She flicked my forehead. "He didn't say 'don't play with Matt's feelings', he said 'don't play with people's feelings'. People meaning himself."

"You think so?"

"I know so. Now you go and talk to Theo, and if Matt mentions the kiss, tell him it didn't mean anything."

"Got it, thank you."

"See you in a couple hours."

"Bye."

Ok, here we go. I walked into the social area alone, I'm slightly later than usual, due to my stalling, but the sooner first class starts, the better.

"Hey."
"Hey."

Theo and Matt greeted me in sync as they sat both sides of the sofa, a gap left in the middle, just for me. Great.

"Hi." I smiled awkwardly, sitting in between them.

Theo looked tired as fuck. He's not a morning person, but he's never this tired-looking. His head rested on his hand as he leant on the armrest.

Matt on the other hand was beaming. His white smile was on show, and his arm lay on the sofa behind me. I swear to god if he-

His hand fell onto my shoulder, "How are you?"