chapter thirty-five, shopping.

- Theodore -

- Theodore -

"Hey Mom, it's Theo."
After charging my phone and getting something to eat I lay on the sofa, debating with myself before calling my mother. "When are you off work?"

"Theodore! I've missed you so much, but your father said you've been so busy with school and work. I'm off tomorrow if you'd like to call over...?"

"Sure, yeah just send me the address."

"Perfect, I can't wait. What have you been up to?"

"Well I was at a conference with Dad yesterday, but we had a- disagreement, so I left early, how I'm at home."

"I'm sorry to hear that, honey, if you ever want to come over you can, I've got a bedroom for you here and a spare key, you're my son too."

"I know, I know, thank you." Mom's offer sounded more and more pleasing as time went on. The only thing keeping me here is the memories and my neighbour. I guess it's only twenty minutes away, and I can drive now, so it wouldn't be all bad...

"Have you talked to your sister recently?"

"No, not really. I presume she's busy."

"Mhm, you should do. I miss you both. Hey, Dory, I've got to get back to work, I'll text you the address and you can come over whenever you please."

"Thanks, Mom."

"See you soon, honey."

"Bye."
I ended the call and went to my texts to reply to Elle.
I think there was a tinge of jealousy there when I mentioned her to Cami, so I didn't bother to correct myself or mention the fact that she has a girlfriend.
*Had an argument with him so I came home.*

*Don't worry about it, you okay?*

*Yeah, better now thanks. Sorry I didn't say bye, I just couldn't do another day.*

*I'm not even there today, going on a date :) *

*Have fun.*

I slumped over to the medicine cabinet, searching for something I can take for this headache.
I pulled the crumpled piece of paper out of my pocket and read Dad's scribbly writing:

I didn't mean to. Come to the signing today at 10, I want you to sign the contract.

I scrunched it up again, and found myself slumping to my room, closing the blinds and laying on my bed for a nap.