chapter fifty-five, promise.

- Theodore -

- Theodore -

Getting out of bed was impossible, and I'm glad I had Becca to drag me out or I wouldn't have made it to school. I'm surviving off three hours sleep and a cold shower, I don't know how I'm going to play basketball later.

I had to go to school alone, and to my delight she wasn't even there waiting for me.
I slumped down onto a sofa in the social area, scrolling through Instagram while I waited for someone tolerable to come in.

But instead I was greeted with Matthew's presence. I wanted to beat the smile off his face.
"Morning."

"Hi." I barely glanced at him, shuffling further to the left of the sofa to create distance between us.

His spread legs and arm on the back of the sofa takes up way too much room, inconsiderate dick.
"Is Cam not here yet?"

"Nope."

Almost exactly on time, the blonde girl slipped into the classroom. She looked at me first, which was comforting until she looked at him for longer.

"Hey."
"Hey."
We said in sync, making me want to bite my tongue off.

"Hi." She took off her bag, placing it at her feet as she sat between us. I glanced at her attempt of a smile but bit my cheek when I saw his hand wrapped around her. He must be doing that on purpose.
"How are you?" He asked her, holding her closer to him, making me want to barf.

"Nervous, for the game."

"Don't be, you'll be fine."

"You okay?" She turned to me, looking concerned.

Of course I'm not okay. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Zoe's off work tomorrow..."
She tried to make conversation like Matthew wasn't there, but it's hard when he's glued to her hip and stroking her arm. I can't talk to her when he's here, it just feels weird.

"Good- I'll let Mom know."

I heard her sigh as she looked away from us both, glancing around the room.
"Hey, Jake, right?"

Is she serious?

Jake turned around, placing his basketball under his arm. He looked at me with a confused expression, and I answered with a shrug because I really don't know what's going on. "Oh, Camila- hi."

The bell rang and she rose to her feet, letting Matt's hand fall to the sofa which made me smile on the inside. "I wanted to talk to you, walk me to class?"

"Oh- um... sure."

They were the first to exit the room, leaving Matt sat confused on the sofa. "Who's that?"