chapter sixty-one, without you.

- Theodore -

- Theodore -

"You're my favourite person in this world. And it fucking kills me knowing what you're going through, because I don't know what I can do to fix it."

Now would have been the perfect opportunity. I could just tell. I watched her lips curl into a smile and my hand cupped her cheek. No matter how much I wanted to kiss her, I knew it would go against everything I just said.
"You're my favourite person too."

I needed to tell her. I need to kiss her. But I have to keep reminding myself of what she just went through, and it would be selfish of me to make any sort of move while she's vulnerable like this.
I pressed my forehead to hers, feeling her exhale on my lips.
"How about I get changed and we watch a movie or something?"

"Yeah."

We broke our position and I got off the bed, picking up my t-shirt and joggers that were folded on her chair.

I kept my back to her as I undid my shirt, glancing in her mirror to see if she was looking at me. She picked up her laptop, but her eyes flicked to my body when she heard my shirt drop to the floor.

I unbuttoned my trousers, and she started typing. My pants dropped to the floor, pooling around my feet. "What are we gonna watch?" I turned to her as I picked up my clothes, folding them so they aren't creased tomorrow.

"I don't-" she paused when she looked at me, turning her head back to the lit up screen before she finished her sentence. "I'm not sure."

I put on my sweatpants, not bothering to put on a t-shirt before going back over to her and getting in the bed beside. "Let's see..."

We couldn't decide on a movie. We talked so much that we ending up turning off her laptop and just lying in bed, looking at her ceiling. "Earlier- when I got out of the shower..."
I rolled over onto my side, trying to predict her next words. "How long were you stood there before you came in?"

"A minute or two." I admitted.

"I thought so."

"Did you hear me coming upstairs?"

"No, I saw your boner." She giggled.

"I'm sorry- I just-"

"It's fine." She laughed.

We lay there awkwardly, me embarrassed for being caught. I recalled our conversation from earlier.
"I just needed to get him out of my system."

"And did you?"

"Almost."

"Did you not finish?" I asked randomly.