chapter two, vanilla.

- Camila -

- Camila -

I switched off my alarm at a quarter to eight, rolled out of bed and went straight into the bathroom. I turned on some music, grabbed and towel and hopped in the shower.
I washed my hair with my vanilla shampoo and figured out what outfit I'd wear today while I sang my lungs out. I only had a quick shower, I need to be ready for nine.

I quickly threw my hair in a towel and wrapped another around my body as I did my skincare routine and brushed my teeth.

I went back to my room and put on my blue jeans and an oversized pink sweatshirt. It's still warm outside but you won't catch me wearing shorts and crop tops.
I dried my hair and clipped it up in a hair claw before putting on some mascara and lip balm to look more alive.

I texted Theo to make sure we were still on. *you awake?*

Dory ~ *I am now.*

*where are we going?*

*wait out front for me in 20.*

I scrolled through my phone for ten minutes before slipping on my shoes and going downstairs to leave Zoe a note:
Going out with Theo, be back soon. P.S. there's no food in the house, I'll go shopping later.

I tossed my phone, house keys and purse into my handbag and left, waiting on the bench outside of our house.
I replied to my snaps as I waited for him, and didn't even notice when he did, not until he lowered the car window. "What do you think?"

He sat in a black BMW, I'm not sure what type but I'm sure he'll explain ever detail of it to me.
"Oh my god!" I jumped into the passenger side. "Where did this come from?"

"From working on the site and an early birthday gift."

"That's amazing. You do know you're going to be my personal chauffeur now?"

"I knew you'd say that. Put your belt on."

We drove out of the estate and up to the village. He talked me through the car, the make and all the pros and cons, which completely went over my head. We drove past the school, down a small alleyway and pulled up outside a new shop with a massive sign saying Emma's Café.

"Since when was this here?"

"A few weeks after you left. I actually haven't been here yet, but I knew you'd want to check it out. Plus we have to try out the hot chocolate."

"Well aren't you thoughtful."

We went into the cozy store, immediately getting hit with the smell of pastries and chocolate. It was quiet old fashioned, with a wall full of books like a library and only a few tables. It was quiet empty, apart from a few middle aged women getting coffees and the staff working there.
"Are you eating in or out?"