chapter thirty, call.

- Theodore -

- Theodore -

"So..."
Once we were dry and dressed, we lay in bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Are you going to speak first or should I?" She turned to me, "We won't raise our voices this time."

"Okay." I sighed, 'look I don't mind stopping this, if that's what you really want."

I lied, I do mind, but it's up to her, I just hope tonight convinced her otherwise.

"I don't-"

"If you say 'I don't know' I swear to god-"

"I was going to say 'I don't want to'..."

"Oh." I was surprised by her answer, expecting her to want to take a break.

"But..."
Of course there's a 'but'.
"I think we should. I might take the weekend to think, while you're gone. I'll avoid him at all costs too. Maybe some time to think might help."

"Okay, we can do that..."

"I was talking to Zoe earlier about the whole thing-"

"You didn't tell her that we... you know, did you?"

"No! Don't worry, I haven't told anyone."

"Good." I sighed in relief. Zoe's like my second sister, and I don't want her to get any wrong ideas, because I know she will.

"I told her about how you don't like Matt, and that I'd pick you over anyone, but I don't know how to let Matt down because he's been so nice."

'I'd pick you over anyone' was the only part of that sentence that I actually listened to.
"And what were Zoe's wise words in response?"

"She said that you've been with me through everything, and if you don't think Matt's the one for me then you're probably right."

"I think you should listen to Zoe." I grinned.
"It's not that I don't want you to be with him, I just want you to be happy, and I don't think he's the person that you'll be happy with."

"And you are?"

I didn't answer. How do I answer that?
She sighed and rolled over to face me. "I'm just going take two days alone, and then I guess I'll have to see him on Monday."

"It's a holiday, you won't have to see him until Tuesday."

"Thank god." She groaned, making me smile, "So I'll see you again Monday and we can talk about it then."