chapter seventy-seven, treehouse.

- Theodore -

- Theodore -

"Mom? Hello?"

"Hey, honey, we're in the sitting room!"

I kicked off my shoes and headed straight in to find Bec and Mom sprawled across the sofa.
"Hey there, handsome, what have you been doing?"

Camila.
"Um... not much, I'll tell you about it over coffee, you want a cup?"

"Sure?" She looked confused and I think Becca understood because she giggled softly into a cushion.

I don't why I'm nervous, she's going to be happy, I think. I've just never told my Mom about a girl before.

I carried three mugs of coffee from the kitchen to the sitting room, sitting in the small gap between them. "What's up?"

"Nothing really." I played it down with a shrug. "I was actually on a date last night."

The words felt so alien coming out of my mouth and Mom gasped in excited.
"Really? What's her name? Where did you go? How was it?"

"Let him speak, Mom. Geez." Bec laughed, sitting up to listen to what I have to say.

"It was actually- uh..." I rubbed my forehead with a chuckle. Rip it off like a band-aid, Theo. "Camila."

And even louder gasp left her lips. "I knew it!" She practically screamed. "Sorry, sorry. Carry on, tell us everything!" She shook on my arm.

I briefed her through the dinner and told her that she's now my girlfriend, making sure to highlight that it's not a massive deal, and she can still treat Camila the same way she has done for the past few years. I also made sure to leave a massive hole in the story, keeping the hotel room part to myself.

"Go grab the champagne, Becks!" Mom laughing, hugging me. Though the situation felt awkward, I enjoyed being able to talk to them like this. To feel like a family again.
"I hear church bells!"

"Shut up!" I laughed with her, sipping my coffee to cover up my red cheeks.

Hot Chocolate On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara