chapter sixty-eight, girl chat.

- Theodore -

- Theodore -

Camila and Benjamin hit it off within seconds, talking about art and colleges and what Camila wants to be when she's older. I kind of zoned out, but Cami talking gave me a good excuse to blatantly look at her.

We all finished eating, with plenty left over, which I warned Mom about way too many times but she stated that she'd rather have too much than too little.

"Help me clean up?"
Becca and I cleaned away the plates into the dishwasher in the kitchen while the others continued their chat.

"What happened to 'just friends, I don't have a girlfriend' Theodore?"

"Well I wasn't really going to tell you about a crush on Camila, was I?"

"You told Zoe."

"That's different. Zoe is actually around to notice things." I bit my tongue the second I realised how rude that came out.

"Theo- I'm sorry-"

"No- I didn't mean it like that- I just meant-"

"No, I get it. She's more of a sister to you than I am."

"No, Bec." I rubbed my forehead. "She only knew because we walked in on her with Spencer, while Camila was wearing my boxers." I chuckled, trying to make light of it.

"Wait- so you hooked up before?"

"Shit." Telling her was not my plan. "It was kind of a benefits thing a couple times, but there wasn't supposed to be any strings."

"Is that was it was today?"

"I hope not. Well, I don't think so."
Becca was making me doubt myself for a second, but after recalling tonight I think she feels the same as I do, not just friends-with-benefits, something more.
"No. We both like each other as more than that."

"Are you gonna take her out?"
She shut the dishwasher, leaning against it with crossed arms.

"Like a date?"

"No like a hitman. Of course, like a date."

"I should, shouldn't I?"

"Yes, you should."

"We go out all the time though."

"As friends. You need to be romantic now, if you want to be her boyfriend."

I took a second to think. She's right. I have no idea where to take her though.

"What are you two conspiring about?" Mom interrupted.

"Nothing important." I shrugged.

"Is Camila staying over?"

"Would that be cool? If she wants to."