chapter fifty-six, basketball.

- Camila -

- Camila -

We ending up winning. By a lot. I honestly think the ref stopped counting after ten minutes.

I tried to keep all my focus on the ball, but it's hard when Zoe and Theo and laughing and whispering in the stand, and I can feel Matt's eyes on me.

Normally when you win a game, you run and hug your loved ones to celebrate, but right now I'm not sure what I'm meant to do.
"Good game... well done... good game..."
I shook all of the other team's hands before going back to mine.

"Well played, Young." Katie smiled at me.

"It was a team effort, Stanford." I hugged her.
We gathered around for coach to give us another talk, and I planned ways to escape. We're probably almost finished what would have been forth period, meaning break is soon and Theo's game is after.

We all parted after the speech, and I made my way to Theo and Zoe who were getting up from their seats, and pretended not to see Matt.
"Hey."

"Well done!"

"You did great." Theo tapped my arm gently, making me shiver.

"Thank you."

"I'm going to go call Spencer, I'll be back." Zoe disappeared, giving Theo a smile.
What the hell did they talk about?

"How long until your game?" I asked him.

"About fifteen minutes, are you coming to it?"

"I wouldn't miss it." We sat back down, me taking Zoe's warm seat. "What were you two talking about?"

"Nothing important."

"Mhm, okay."

"What are you doing later?"
There's the question I was craving to hear all week yet now I'm dreading it. "I said I'd get a coffee with Matt-"

"Again?"

"-To talk about last night." I carried on, ignoring his comment. "I'm going to tell him that we can't hang out anymore, and I don't like him like that."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it'll take thirty minutes, and then I'm going home. Do you want to come over? Zoe's going out and you can stay the night..."

"Okay, yeah. Text me as soon as you get home. And please, don't let him kiss you again."

"I won't."

"I need to get changed, I'll catch you in a bit."

"Sure, bye."
I smiled to myself as I walked away. He wants to hang out tonight, and he doesn't want me to kiss Matt.

I made my way down the stand, hoping to sneak into the changing rooms before I was spotted.
"Hey, Camila."

Nope, not quick enough. "Hey, Matt."