chapter sixty-seven, episode.

- Camila -

- Camila -

We both dried ourselves and slipped on some dry clothes. I brought a casual floral dress with me to wear at dinner, but for now I'm wearing Theo's black sweatpants and a red tank top.

We carefully exited the bathroom, making it look like we came straight from his bedroom instead.
"Hey-" I paused, almost calling her 'Mrs DeMarco', but biting my tongue. "How are you?"

"Camila!" She placed down her green carry bags to give me a hug. "I'm great, how are you, sweetie?"

We had a quick catch up while we unpacked the groceries. "What happened to Theo's face?" She whispered, while Theo went to get the last few bags from the car.

"Basketball." I lied, quickly changing the subject. "This place is gorgeous..."

*

Theo and I made our way to the sitting room, after he briefly argued with his Mom about who should cook - she insisted she could make a meal herself, and he finally gave in.

We entered the room and Becca and Zoe stopped their gossiping for a split second. I don't think I've ever seen Zoe smile so big.

We sat on the empty sofa beside them, watching 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' on the tv to avoid conversation.

"I feel like I missed a few episodes... and I don't mean about Kim K."
Rebecca looked at us confusingly. I looked at Theo for help but he just gave us both a shrug and pretended to care about Kim's diamond earring.

"Not sure what to tell you, Becs." I chuckled awkwardly, remembering she just heard me screaming her little brother's name.

She took a sip of her wine, looking back to the tv. Zoe is staying mysteriously quiet for Zoe, and I know her mouth is nuclear bomb just waiting to explode with questions.

"Don't forget, you need to tell her." Theo whispered softly into my hair, placing his hand on my thigh.

"I don't know if I can... she's so happy right now."

"Stop protecting people from the truth, it will only hurt more later."
I know he's right. The last time I protected someone's feelings it turned out to be self-sabotage.

"Before or after dinner?" I sighed, giving in.

"Before. I want you after." His grip tightened on my leg and my stomach did a front flip.

"Hey, Zo?"

We slipped out of the room, and decided to sit in Zoe's car to talk. Probably the best idea, knowing she's going to raise her voice.
"I'm so excited, go."