chapter thirty-three, cracks.

- Camila -

- Camila -

"Okay, I think this is yours..." I handed Zoe a box from the Chinese that was just delivered. We had a late lunch so this is more like supper than dinner.

We sat on the floor in front of the tv, watching Mamma Mia. I'd like to think I've had an easy, boy-free day, but I have checked my phone a couple times, to see if either of them have texted.

I'm debating on replying to Matthew. I told Theo I wouldn't, but if I'm talking to Theo like a friend, shouldn't I talk to him like a friend? What's that saying..? Even the playing field?

"Don't text them." Zoe sighed as I checked my phone for the 4th time this movie. "Girls' night." She raised her glass of white wine before taking a gulp. "Tomorrow night, you can text Matt, you can go to Theo's, and I can go on a date. But for now, it's girls' night."

"Fine." I tossed my phone. "Girls' night."

"Mhm mhm."

It wasn't even a minute after that my phone rang, and Zoe snatched it before I could even see who's calling me.
"Hey it's Zoe... She's in the bathroom, can I take a message?"

She paused, crinkling her forehead as she looked at me confused. "Are you okay?"
She raised a finger to her lips, and then her hand out like she wanted me to wait. "Let me shout her..."

I laughed as she pretended to shout, "Cami!" and waited silently.
"She's coming... No problem, how are you?"
She kept nodding, still looking concerned. "I'm alright- here she is."

I took the phone off her, watching as she mouthed "is he okay?"

I shrugged my shoulders and began making my way upstairs to my room "Heya."

- Theodore -

- Theodore -

"There you are, you ready to go, son?"

"Uh- yeah."
I said bye to Elle after exchanging numbers, we'll be back tomorrow anyway but I'm not sure if she'll be around, though I hope she will be.