chapter thirty-six, green bag.

- Camila -

- Camila -

"You look amazing, just keep your hair down, but out of your face."

"Got it." She stared into the mirror. Her dark hair was slicked back to show her pale complexion. Her lips were a deep red, and gold layered necklaces hung down her chest.
"What time is it?"

"Six forty-three." I checked her phone. "Oh my god, he texted you! He's on his way."

She snatched the phone reading the message. "I'm not ready!"

"Yes you are!"

She began spraying herself in her perfume, putting it behind her ear instead of on her neck making me laugh. "You never know..."

"Go for it, Zoe. Only if he's respectful and a gentleman all evening though."

"Obviously, Cam, I do have standards you know."

"I know. Do you want me to answer the door so you can make one of those entrances or should I watch from afar and let you get the door?"

"Ooh, good question. You get it for me. Don't steal my man though."

"Zoe I'm a minor-"

"I'm joking." She slapped my arm, "you probably could if you really wanted to though."

"Thanks?"

"Go wait downstairs."

"Going." I left her upstairs and went down to get a snack, making a casual scene to look less suspicious.

I was pouring myself a glass of water when the doorbell rang. I could faintly hear a scream upstairs, making me laugh. "Get ready!"

I opened the door, having to stretch my neck to look at the man in front of me. "Oh- hi, is this where Zoe lives?" He was wearing a black and white suit, with no tie, leaving his shirt half unbuttoned, showing some kind of tattoo.

"Who's Zoe?" I joked, making his face turn red, "I'm kidding, I'm her sister, Camila."

"Oh thank god." He chuckled, "I'm Spencer. Mind if I steal her for a few hours?"

"She's all yours", I turned to the stairs, "Zo! Spencer's here!"

Seconds later she came down the stairs, watching her feet so she didn't trip in her heels. "Hi."

"Hey." He looked flabbergasted, eying her up and down, "you look lovely."
I took a few steps back to the kitchen, letting them speak.

"Thank you, you too."

"Nice to meet you, Camila."

"You too." Zoe gave me a very big smile as she turned back to say goodbye.
"Ten p.m. curfew miss, no drinking."