chapter fourty, advice.

- Camila -

- Camila -

It's worrying how normal Theo was acting this morning. He meant it when he said no strings. I always knew he just wanted benefits, the 'I'm yours' moment was just that - a moment. He doesn't feel that way, and if he did, he would have tried harder, protested more or kissed me for longer.

"I'm getting a shower, don't forget that Zoe and your cousin are here."

"Oh shit, yeah. Never going to forget that."

"Help yourself to breakfast or I'll make something for us after."

"I think it's safer I cook, we don't want to burn the house down."

"Shut up."

He chuckled and pulled his hoodie over his head, slipped down the stairs as I went into the bathroom.

*

I washed last night down the drain, getting ready to remove it all from my mind. Once I was dressed and dry, I followed the smell of pancakes downstairs.
"Smells good, Linguini."

"Looking... good, Remy." He replied sarcastically as he looked me up and down.

"Did you just call me a rat?"

"You just called me a big-nosed redhead, I think we're even."

I opened the cupboards, pulling out toppings and glasses to make us drinks.
"I made enough for Zoe and Spencer if they wake up."

"Perfect."

"What are you doing today?"

"Going to go see Mom's new place."
We sat down and began eating the perfectly cooked pancakes, coating them in chocolate and fresh fruit.
I waited for a flirty comment or joke but got nothing. I know it's what I wanted but I really thought he'd fight harder for it.

"Oh, 'morning." Zoe trotted down the stairs with a skip in her stride, shortly followed by Spencer. "Smells good, Theo cooked I presume?"

"You really think Camila could do this?"
I swat Theo's arm making him flinch dramatically, rubbing his bicep.

I cleaned away my plate as Theo poured more mix into the pan.

"I'm going to get going, I need to get ready for work." Spencer told Zoe, "I'll see you soon?"

"Obviously." She smiled as he kissed her cheek. "I'll walk you out."
The two disappeared and Theo flipped the pancakes before putting them on the plate for Zo.

She returned with a smile, sitting down at the table, "thank you so much."

"No worries, I should get going too."

"Text me later, let me know how it goes."

"Sure. See you later."

After grabbing his things Theo left too. The door barely closed before Zoe's mouth opened. "Spill. Right now. All of it."