chapter twelve, meet the group.

-  Theodore -

- Theodore -

Last night and this morning were great, but I know the dream will end when we walk into school.
And it did.
"Hey guys."

"What's up?"

"Nothing much."
My best-mate, Matthew, was waiting in the social area when I walked in with Camila. I want to leave but I know she wouldn't come with me, so I waited with the rest of the class until the bell rang, listening to Matt make small talk with her.

We entered biology and she gave me an apologetic smile as she sat beside one of our old friends, Lucy.
I sat behind her, and to my delight, Matt was seated next to me.

I listened to the teacher discuss plants or something while I scribbled on the back of my notebook. When Cami said we had 'first, third, fourth and six period' together I thought we'd actually spend them together. But nope.

We briefly said 'bye' when I left for my second class but she seems so distant at school. We'd always talk and sit beside each other when we were just friends, why should it be different now?

I spent second class talking to Katie. It's kind of weird because although we've messed around I wouldn't even consider it again, and I haven't had a single thought about her.
"Is she with Matt now?"

"What?"

"Camila."

"No- I don't know actually."

"Have you told her?"

"Told her what?"

"Do I have to spell it out for you?"

"No. I don't and I'm not going to."

"Ok, just don't take it out on Matt."

"I'm not..."

"I saw the death stares you were sending his direction. He hasn't done anything, he's just talking to her because you're letting her slip away."

"Since when do you give me relationship advice?"

"So you're admitting you want one!"

"No I- you don't get it, just leave it alone."

"Maybe I don't, but I've been rooting for you two since she moved here freshman year. And I've already assigned myself as a bridesmaid at your wedding."