chapter fifty-eight, drive.

- Theodore -

- Theodore -

I looked around for Camila after I showered, but I couldn't find her anywhere, meaning she's probably already left with Matthew.

I poked my head into the social area, hoping to see her but instead I saw Joey, sprawled across a sofa on his phone. "What's up, T?"

"You seen Camila?"

"Nah. Hey, come look at this." He moved his feet off the sofa, inviting me to sit down. I sighed but gave in, dropping my bag to the floor before sitting next to him.
His tangled blonde hair was pulled back into a man bun, and he pulled the earphones out of his ears, offering me one which I declined.

"Seriously, Joey?"
He showed me his phone, with a video of a tanned, blonde girl, dancing in a pink bikini.

"Wait for it, bro."

"I'm not watching this with you, man-" I turned my head, "we're literally in school."

"So?" He shrugged, still watching her bouncing breasts. "Fucking ads..." he tried to press the 'x' in the corner of the screen, but clicked on a notification.
"Fuck." It brought him to iMessage, showing all his chats with Matthew.

My eyes noticed a few key words, and snatched his phone to read it better. "Hey, give that back."

I read his most recent notification, and automatically understood what he meant.
* Taking her back to my place, you still have my venmo info? ;) *

I scrolled up further, reading down through their conversations about Camila.

*attachment: 1 video*

*venmo - $20 from Joey*

I clicked onto a blurry, low quality video, that looked like it was filmed through a window. I could make out Camila's front porch, and I knew exactly what it was the second her door opened.

She stepped onto the porch, sitting down with him. They must have been speaking but from the angle and blurriness I couldn't tell what was going on, until they moved closer.
He pulled her face to his, kissing her, but not for long - because she pulled away.

I turned off the video, understanding the whole situation. "You fucking, sick, dickhead." I tossed his phone, letting it fall to the floor with a clatter as I pulled my phone out of my bag and sprinted out of the school and through the parking lot.

I tried to call Camila as I rushed into my car. I hope Matt still lives in the same house as when we were kids. She didn't pick up on the first ring, or the second, so I restored to messages. Maybe she can read the notifications.

My foot was pressed to the floor as I made it out of the school car park and down the street, running red lights and not bothering to notice the speed limits. My mind flooding with thoughts of all the disgusting things he could be doing to her right now, making me hit my steering wheel in anger. "Fuck!"