chapter fifty-nine, system.

- Theodore -

- Theodore -

"Hey, you two!" Zoe came down the stairs in her clothes from earlier but this time with her hair and makeup done.

"Hey, what time are you leaving?" Camila sat on the kitchen table, acting like everything that just happened, didn't.

"Twenty minutes." She squeaked excitedly. "What are you guys doing for dinner? I can leave you money if you wanna order in or there's stuff to cook-"

"I'm not hungry yet, maybe we'll just make something later."

"Okay, well I'm going to go and put my dress on." She left, going back upstairs. I sighed, expecting the same reaction from Camila but she didn't break her cover.

She slipped off the table, strolling over to open the cupboard of glasses. "Do you want a drink?"

"Im alright... thanks."

"Ok." She filled a glass with water, taking a sip from it. "Wanna watch a movie or something?"

"Camila-"

She cut me off by pressing a finger to her lip. "There's this new one on Netflix, it came out today..."

She pulled out her phone, opening the notes app and typing into it.

She's at the top of the stairs still.

"Sure, what's it about?"
I followed her into the sitting room, closing the door behind us.
"Promise you'll explain everything to her tomorrow?"

"Only if you stop talking about it." She practically whispered through her teeth, turning on the tv and clicking on the first thing that popped up.

Not knowing what went down it's what's getting on my nerves. I don't know if he touched her, I don't if she rejected him, I don't know. All I know is that she's not okay, and soon enough she's going to crack.

We sat in silence for fifteen minutes, watching friends, until we heard the doorbell. Camila jumped off the sofa and out of the room, shouting "Coming!" when she made it to the hallway. I followed behind, watching from a far.

Camila opened the door for Spencer, starting a casual conversation.
"She's just grabbing her stuff, I'm sure she's coming now..."

Zoe tip-toed downstairs in an emerald green dress, looking more than happy. I understand why Camila didn't want to tell her. She's so selfless like that. Zoe's going to kill her for not telling her straight away.

"You look lovely, Zoe." I told her as she gave us a hug goodbye.

"Thanks for coming over." She whispered, patting my back, "tell her, please."