chapter twenty-seven, leaving.

- Camila -

- Camila -

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck..." I hyperventilated as I headed over to Theo's. I felt sick to my stomach thinking of ways this could go.

My fist knocked against his door twice before being opened by Mr DeMarco. "Oh, hi Camila. He's in his room."

How do I tell him? I have to tell him, I can't not tell him. He'll know the second I step into his room that something's up. I'll just have to tell him.

"Hey." I sheepishly entered his room. He lay on his bed on his phone with earphones in.

"Oh hey."
He sat up smiling, turning off his phone as I closed the door behind me.

He stood up from his bed, taking the bag off my shoulder and cupped my face.
Oh god I wish they would stop doing that.

"Wait." I sighed.

"What's wrong..?"

I gestured to his bed and we both lay down, me staring at the ceiling while he gazed at me, stroking the side of my arm as he listened.
"Matt just stopped by my house on his way home from work."

He sat up, resting on his elbow so he could look at me better but I kept my eyes fixated above me.
"He just asked if I was free and I told him I wasn't and he said he just wanted to talk so I sat on the steps out front and-"

My body froze completely and I barely noticed how fast my heart was beating. I turned my face and glanced up at the concerned looking brunette. My hands moved to my face, covering it. "...And then he kissed me."
My voice was a whisper and I ran my hands through my hair, not wanting to look at him.
He was silent.

"Did you kiss him back?"

"Kind of? I don't know-"

"You either did or you didn't, Camila." I could hear the rage in his voice.
He took a second to breathe and lay beside me again. "Did you want to kiss him?"

"I don't think I did. I mean I broke it off and told him I didn't want anything right now."

"Right now? So you want to be with him in the future?"

"I don't know, Theo!" I hid my face with a pillow.

"Don't fucking raise your voice at me." He voice sounded stern and thick, "Look at me when I'm speaking to you."

I tossed the pillow across the bed, sitting up across from him. "I don't know what I want."

"Well you better figure it out soon." He was clearly annoyed, crossing his arms as he leant on the backboard of his bed. "There's a time and a place for being indecisive but you can't screw both of us over just because you 'don't know'."