chapter twenty-one, pick.

- Camila -

- Camila -

*Hey, sorry I missed your call, I was drawing, are you still up?*

Seconds later my phone rang again, and I answered almost immediately. "Hey."

"Hey, what were you drawing?"

"Just some random flowers and stuff, what you up to?"

"Just got into bed, I was with my cousins all evening."

"How old are your cousins?"

I strolled downstairs to lock the doors and turn off the lights as Matt told me about his family.
"Willy is eight, and his younger sister, Maddy, is five - although she acts older sometimes."

I listening to Matt on speaker while I packed my school bag and cleared my drawings off my bed. I stripped down to a tank top and shorts and put the phone back up to my ear.
"So now I've got like four, no- five mini plaits in my hair and pink nails."

"I wanna see!"

I lay on my bed and requested a video call. He answered with a smile, holding up some of the plaits in his long fringe. "What do you think?"

"Very cool, they suit you."

"Thank you." He grinned. His hand rested behind his head, and when the camera lowered I noticed he was shirtless. Fuck he's hot. "You like my nails?"
He held up his hand, coated in pink paint with a bit of glitter on his nail beds.

"Wow, I hope you tipped."

"Of course I did."
We laughed and he told me embarrassing stories about his family with a massive grin on his face.

I got under the covers, making sure I still looked okay. "Are you working tomorrow?"

"Yeah, after school."

"I should let you get to sleep, I'll see you first class anyway. Thanks for keeping me entertained."

"Thanks for tolerating me."

"Goodnight, Matthew."

"Sleep well, Camila."
I hung up the call and rolled over, staring at the ceiling for a minute before realising I still had a smile plastered across my face. Shit.

My phone beeped in my hand and opened Snapchat to see a new snap from Theo.
I opened it to see a picture of his door, with a new drawing on it, the one I drew of him in class.
*You stole my drawing!*

*I'm the muse, I think I deserve it. Plus, it looks better on my door than your wall.*

*ugh fine, you can keep it I guess.*