chapter seventy-one, its a date.

- Theodore -

- Theodore -

I woke up to a couple soft kisses on my neck, and a blinding sun peeking through the curtains. I took a second to come back to reality, smiling when I realised who was linked in my arms. "Good morning."

"Hey." She yawned, making me yawn too.

We stayed in a hug for a few minutes before she decided to stretch. "Where you going?"

"To make us some breakfast. Plus, I need to freshen up." She giggled.

"I'll make breakfast." I sat up with her. As much as I'd love to be pampered, we both know I'm the better cook. "You go have a shower."

"Thank you." She smiled, running her hands through her messy hair.

I eventually let her leave the bed, enjoying the view as she slipped on my t-shirt and boxers again. She scolded me when she noticed my staring, even though I know she secretly likes it.
"I'll be back in a second."

"Don't have too much fun without me."

She left the room and I dragged myself out of bed, tossing a hoodie over my head before following her out the door, heading to the kitchen.

"You just missed Mom, she got called into work." Rebecca was slumped on a chair at the dining table, slowly eating some cereal.

"Too much wine last night?" I laughed at her zombie-like state.

"That obvious?"

"You look like you got hit by a bus." I smiled, opening the cupboard to find some eggs.

"Thanks." She placed her empty bowl in the dishwasher. "Where's your better half?"

"In the shower." I shrugged, ignoring her nicknames. It's strange how normal it feels, and how easily Becca accepted it.

"Well I'm going to get changed, I'm meeting some of the girls later... keep it PG-13."

"Yes, ma'am." I saluted while she dragged herself out of the room.

I fried a few eggs and some bacon. The toast popped just as Cami came strolling into the room wearing one of my blue hoodies and her black shorts. "Smells good."

"It's almost done."
She sat at the table watching me cook, twisting her damp hair into two plaited that rested on each shoulder, while lots of straggly strands framing her face.

"Becca's going out later and Mom's gone to work." I filled her in while I grabbed us some cutlery. "Benjamin's asleep, I presume."

"Thank you." She smiled as I handed her the plate. "What are you doing today?"

"You are going out with Zoe today, then going out with me, tonight."